• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo DD118 S# 196070

Vetech63

I got a call from the Logan County commissioner north of OKC today about this roller. I was recommended to him from the Muskogee County commissioner which I did Leeboy paver repairs last month. Word of mouth advertising runs rampant here in Oklahoma.

He informed me that this machine has been at the OKC Volvo dealer for 8 months with a travel brake issue. Apparently, the brakes will not release, and he is sick of dealing with the dealer after spending over $14000.00 (He mentioned they installed a new wiring harness and some resistor at the minimum) and they still don't have it repaired. So, guess who gets to walk behind who knows how many techs that have worked on this? Yeah......ME.

The machine is still sitting in the dealers' yard to which I told him that I won't do anything with it there. He is going to notify me when they get it moved back to the county yard and I can get a look at this then.

I haven't seen one of these rollers but it looks similar to an Ingersol DD70.
Do any of you Volvo Gods have any information on the electrical/ hydraulics on these machines? At this point I'm not sure whether its an electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic problem. Naturally, any assistance would be appreciated as always!:D

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If I remember correctly Volvo made some kind of deal to get the Ingersoll paving line of machinery a couple of years ago. Don't know of anyone that works on them anymore. The Volvo dealer here has been flying low for years as they can't find any talent that wants to work for them.

BigWrench55

I did a quick scan to see what I can find and there isn't much information about these machines from Volvo. Is this a HF, HFA, or HA model? Being a hydrostatic drive system it should use charge pressure to release the brakes.

Vetech63

If it is, in fact, a DD70, I have some schematics that might help.
If I remember right the ingersols ran the electrical part of their park brake system through the seat switch, FNR, and the park brake switch. The hydraulic part was a simple solenoid valve to the brakes. If it looks like this is the same system...............I'll accept your offer!;)