• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vintage Macks

580bruce

I will own a "B" someday.Post what you can.I love macks.I did alot of hydroseeding at the Headquarters landfill in an old superliner.We also went way in the hill above there seeding cutbanks for them.Good times.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
Hey Excavator...... do you have any pics of that BCR? My granddad was a Mack dealer and I remember those back from my young days but have NO pic of any.

When the R models came out it was a cheap way to update to a R model and BCR kits sold well according to my grandfather.

Truckmodeler

Here's a couple of heavily modified Mack LRVSWs which Norie Logging had. They had purchased a couple of the LRVSW dump trucks from Eastern Canada (reportedly from the St Lawrence Seaway construction) and modified them into logging trucks. As you can see they were big and packed a lot. Modifications included moving the cab forward. I don't have much on this re-build but there was an ad in an early 1960's Lumberman magazine briefly describing the extent of the re-build. I'll see if i can find it again.
As best i can tell from the photo, one of the trucks appears to have been re-built with some form of half-cab. Note the single wiper and single windshield panel. Contrast that to the other truck with two windshield panels and wipers. Also, the 'half-cab' unit has a different style of headache rack and a self-loader trailer. These were big rigs for their day and pre-dated the HDX and P-16. Nories claimed they were the largest log trucks at one time. No idea if that is true but they were big. Apparently they were very heavy on maintenance and were eventually replaced by Pacifics. If anyone has any further info on these it would be great to find out what happened to them.

These photos are from the Elwood White collection and were acquired by Elwood from Frank Norie.

Attachments

• img049 (Small).JPG
    img049 (Small).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 2,395
  • img051 (Small).JPG
    img051 (Small).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,131
  • img052 (Small).JPG
    img052 (Small).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,100

Jdigger4130

If any one out there would like pics of restored Macks please email me and I can forward them to you and you can select them. Most are from th 2010 Pleasanton Ca ATHS show and Plymouth Ranch gathering A few w a patina on em but most are looking better than new. I am not A Mack buff so dont know too much but I have at least fifty pics to share. 100s and 100s of vintage west coast rigs as well.

lg junior

Here is a 59 B61 that Whittington Brothers bought new, it had 58,000 miles on it when it got water in the oil. They parted it out to keep their 1958 lowboy truck running. I bought it in the late 80's to keep it from being scrapped.

2011_0306Case1150B0017.jpg

skadill

Former Spar Carrier

Mack LRSW,so I'm told,i cant confirm it.pics from nov 2010

Attachments

• DSCN0092.jpg
    DSCN0092.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 2,290
  • DSCN0093.jpg
    DSCN0093.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 2,117

lg junior

Not a very good picture here of this LT Mack but it is the only one I have. The fellow who owned it had bought it new, he never liked having his picture taken and when asked what year his truck was would always tell people a differant year. This picture was taken in the mid 90's not too many years later he quit and sold his truck to a collector on the east coast. Only a few years ago I saw pictures of it in a truck show, miss seeing that old truck really miss Earl.
Earl.jpg

lg junior

NEAT LONG LOGGER!!! Can ya tell us anything about the powertrain? 2sixbit Cummins? by chance

Originally I think Earl said it had a 200 cummins, that got replaced with a 335 that was in it when he sold it. It had Mack trans and rearends electric scales and an old featherweight General trailer.

Jdigger4130

Great lookin rig!!! I was at the ATHS show in Pleasanton this year and A fella outta the K-Falls area brought A bunch of Macks down that were truly perfect restos of west coast jobs... Had like six trucks there that were PERFECT!! Also had A yellow and white logger that was A one owner unrestored Mack that the guy I talked to said was gonna stay exactly as it was found.. REALLY COOL MACHINE

lg junior

Here are some more Macks, the first one was mine the rest just ones I'd seen over the years and liked.

WhittingtonMack.jpg

OldMack2.jpg

OldMack.jpg

RedMack.jpg

Jdigger4130

I am A true Kenworth NUT! But the third picture.... I wish I had it!!! That would be so cool to bring back among the living!!! Killer Dawgs Jr!!

580bruce

Could of had an LT a number of years back,just no where to put it at the time.It belonged to a jypo logger out of Enumclaw Wa.I be it still there,I think he is gone though.Man I wish I had it!

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Mack NO arch truck Revelstoke 2010

Attachments

• IMG_1350s.jpg
    IMG_1350s.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,925
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,900
  • IMG_1349s.jpg