• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
rwt PCB Toba Inlet You never know what you will find in the woods , here is a paddle someone has left in the crotch of a tree , and the tree has grown around it.scan111.jpgscan112.jpgscan113.jpgscan114.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Don Patrick has loaned us some of his pictures to share. WFI Gordon River camp office and shop , equipment is gathered at camp after operation shut down in 1981.scan134.jpgscan135.jpgscan136.jpgscan137.jpg

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Don Patrick has loaned us some of his pictures to share. WFI Gordon River camp office and shop , equipment is gathered at camp after operation shut down in 1981.View attachment 120170View attachment 120171View attachment 120172View attachment 120173

Those two old Americans on the left of the picture of the four log loaders. One came to Jeune Landing and the other came to Mahatta River. Ran both of them for a short time. Really strange guarding they had on them. I think they were old grade shovels they converted to log loaders. The one that came to Mahatta is buried up an old spur and Jeune Landings one I can not remember where it went . Scrapped I think or it was the one Steve MacKay took when he left Mahatta

camptramp

Occupation
The two American loaders with steel snorkles were sold to BCFP one went to Renfrew and became the #16-45 the other went to Caycuse ,that was around 1982. After Fletcher Challenge merged Caycuse and Renfrew Divisions to become Honeymoon Bay operations in 1992 they were sold off as surpluse equipment.

camptramp

Occupation
Don Patrick Timberwest HBO There was a time in the Forest Industry when the Grade Crew ,Yarding and Loading Crew , the Truck Drivers and DLS Crew were supported by talented Shop Crew of Mechanic's , Welder's and Tireman. In these pictures is Choo Choo one of the best welder's that I know and a very witty and humorous character.scan220.jpgscan221.jpgscan222.jpgscan223.jpg

Betelgeuse

I live on san juan island and work up on mt dallas over looking Haro strait, victoria, and sidney bc great view of vancouver Is. The island is very beautiful. It has been fun watching the three log barges doin what they do best. But yesterday I saw just south of Sidney heading north what looked be a barge with logging equipment on it. It was hard to say for sure do the the distance and bad binocs but it looked like it had 2 grapple yarders (maybe blue and white), a log loader(looked like madill color), and other misc equip.
Anybody know anything about this or can confirm it?

Also I can't remember how many written post needed to post pictures?
thanks

boardbysled

I live on san juan island and work up on mt dallas over looking Haro strait, victoria, and sidney bc great view of vancouver Is. The island is very beautiful. It has been fun watching the three log barges doin what they do best. But yesterday I saw just south of Sidney heading north what looked be a barge with logging equipment on it. It was hard to say for sure do the the distance and bad binocs but it looked like it had 2 grapple yarders (maybe blue and white), a log loader(looked like madill color), and other misc equip.
Anybody know anything about this or can confirm it?

Also I can't remember how many written post needed to post pictures?
thanks

Seen this picture on a Facebook group today, might be the same equipment your talking about.
10417531_566386200145731_8800197521048916713_n.jpg

Betelgeuse

duh! I have heard that before. I know it was humor:)

boardbysled-Maybe but the two pieces of equipment that looked like yarders were identical in profile down to the color. But very well could be that barge it was a distance out with binocs that I saw it.

when can I post pictures, this is my third post.