• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
1958 BCFP couple of big logs
The first picture is BCFP Harris Creek Woods Foreman Blondie Moxness standing by Fir butt . The second and third picture's are taken at BCFP's Harris Creek camp, Personal Manager Lorn Cameron with his son's Jim left and Rick to the right ,can't remember his daughter's name. If you look at the back ground of the first picture to the left you can see a yellow Dodge Power Wagon that was driven by Grade Foreman Roland Baird, to the right is a red bunk house that would be moved down to the new DLS and camp and would become the Fallers bunk house.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Camptramp,do you remember much about Roland Baird? My wife had uncle from Cobble Hill named Roland Baird,but we thought he was a faller,worked in Renfrew but stayed in camp. He was a brother-in-law to Gordie Braithwaite,General Forman at Franklin and Wes Braithwaite faller at Shawnigan

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Camptramp,do you remember much about Roland Baird? My wife had uncle from Cobble Hill named Roland Baird,but we thought he was a faller,worked in Renfrew but stayed in camp. He was a brother-in-law to Gordie Braithwaite,General Forman at Franklin and Wes Braithwaite faller at Shawnigan
The Baird family from Port Renfrew were good loggers , Roland Baird was an old time grade shovel operator ,who became a grade foreman at BCFP Bear Cr. camp ,then ran BCFP's rock crusher until he retired. He did have a farm in Cobble Hill which I believe is still in the Baird family. He has a brother Tom Baird and as far as I know still lives in the Shawnigan Lake area he was the Baird of Baird & Johnson a logging contractor. I met another brother Gordon Baird at Sooke River Logging who was their woods foreman. The gray self loader Western Star "Three o Eight Trucking" is Gordy Baird Tom Baird's youngest son. The one thing I remember about Roland Baird was his sense of humor, he was known for his " one liner's". Most I couldn't put on this page. LOL

Last edited:

caycusion

Honest truth....I witnessed this grouse get tightlined out of mid air...looked like someone blew up a pillow205096_1008728216650_9410_n.jpg