• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

Scott_527

Thanks for the info Tugman. There's some cool pictures of the barge fully loaded on one of the threads here, it looks like it was all pretty nice gear. I'd like to somehow get the serial #s of the yarder and line loader.

UrParts

We use Volvo's in Ireland for Logging. See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNcLW2A5uQQ

fp_img_show.cgi

dunwurken

The only thing salvaged was the fuel truck. A salvage company from Holland came and did that work. As far as I know Ted Leroy is out of business. He was hiding out and did not attend court when he was supposed to. The court findings are on line here. His son Kevin is still in the trucking business.

KIRK Leroy is Ted's son and is in the trucking business. Jason is his other son who was more involved with Ted Leroy Trucking.

madilljt

Occupation
logger/faller
1st and 3rd pic is showing the same truck owned by Ben West. BW got 6 CL350. Only 27 were made. 2nd and 4th is the same truck but owner is unknown. It might be an old MB truck. It got a "M" in top of guard. Last pic could be a Husby unit. Maybe other can add some info:)

These are my pics, The truck with the "M" on the guard is on of the two macks BenWest got when they acquired Fred Koch's camp in Lochborough Inlet, it is mostly used for lowbedding, this pic was from the first year Benwest had the camp. Thelast pic is of the other truck that came with the same acquisition. Both are BenWest units

Scott_527

How's the Bendickson group of companies work? Are Benwest and Stafford lake logging two seperate companies or have they been merged into BenWest? Are they still running a 123, 3 7280s, and a 7230?

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
These are my pics, The truck with the "M" on the guard is on of the two macks BenWest got when they acquired Fred Koch's camp in Lochborough Inlet, it is mostly used for lowbedding, this pic was from the first year Benwest had the camp. Thelast pic is of the other truck that came with the same acquisition. Both are BenWest units
Hi madilljt, Welcome aboard. Sorry I did not know it was your pictures. I got pictures from Ben. He mailed them to me helping me with a few specifications as I am building a scale model (1/87) of that Mack. I just finished my blueprints this Winter with help from another great guy at this site. Thanks for information. As I recall he just like you mentioned that Ben West(they have/had 6 CL350) later got 2 CL350 from another contractor - this must be from Fred Koch. Thanks for sharing information. Are all 6 still going strong?

Wdonaldson

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Vancouver Island Second Growth Logging.

Fletcher Challenge Setting near Skutz Falls.
Setting.jpg
Madill 122 Grapple Yarder.
Madill 122.jpg
Chapman 1825-B Log Loader.
Chapman 1825-B.jpg
Caterpillar 235 Backspar Hoe.
Cat 235 Backspar.jpg

Probably wouldn't be a high lead show now a days.

Last edited:

Scott_527

Does Interfor still do any of their own logging/yarding/roudbuilding or are they mostly into land managment and milling now? I know they went through a major restructuring awhile back anx wasn't sure if they got out of the harvesting end of things.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
No Interfor Screwed over all their employees and contracted out all their logging operations.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
I should add that my brother is one of their contractors and is doing fine with them. Its just that I know many hard working guys that worked for them and were let go after many years of service with no severance.

Scott_527

Seems to happen all too often, unfortunately. How big of an outfit is your brother running? I remember you saying he has that 143, what else is he running for equipment? Any chance of getting a few pictures?

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Here is a pic I got from HDX. Pic is showing a Terex logging truck. Owner was Butler Bros; Sooke. Y1983.
HDX; thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• Kim's File 37s.jpg
    Kim's File 37s.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,799

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Here is a pic I got from HDX. Pic is showing a Terex logging truck. Owner was Butler Bros; Sooke. Y1983.
HDX; thanks for sharing.

Got any more pictures of the green bean?

Last edited:

HDX

Jeez not sure Just went through one or two of the small box's looking for ERT pics and came across a couple more of different stuff so Hayesno1 posted em for me Will keep looking OK

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
Seems to happen all too often, unfortunately. How big of an outfit is your brother running? I remember you saying he has that 143, what else is he running for equipment? Any chance of getting a few pictures?

He also has an 044 double main that he got from Prince Rupert and three 3800's. Will have to look and see if I have any pictures

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Some pics from the Island shot in summer 2007.
Pic 1 and 2 are from Sarita. Pic 3 showing some of A. Woods dump truck(3 Pacifics and 1 Hayes HD) in Campbell River. Pic 4 and 5 are from Head Bay.

Attachments

• DSC02061s.jpg
    DSC02061s.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSC02073s.jpg
    DSC02073s.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,465
  • DSC02515s.jpg
    DSC02515s.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,463
  • DSC02726s.jpg
    DSC02726s.jpg