• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

HDX

This was H319 from Franklin Luke Weber got her new, then when he went onto the H94 Pacific P16 with the 3412 cat engine Freddy Ewart took her over. Hayes Forest bought her at the big Weyco Garage sale She stayed with us at Franklin till Hayes exited the TFL then she was sold to MtSicker They repowered her and painted her. The trailer is a home made one . The front half is BCFP Folding reach and the rear part is CrownZ

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
There were 2 of them 2 years ago but now there is just the one and it was parked on Tuesday and Thursday was in the pit parked close to the school buses.

HDX

IPL Garage sale continues. First one was Y-24 grapple yarder moved from Cameron area of operation to Gordon River (Mesachie Lake).
It is down there short term.
IMG_3852.jpg IMG_3853.jpg IMG_3854.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Jim Backlund . Not sure about this picture , but it appears to be a Log loader on a Log Raft fishing for logs under water . At the old Hillcrest Lumber Co.scan865.jpg Saw Mill at Mesachie Lake .

TorkelH

Close up of the build tag.View attachment 169606
Cypress serial numbers don't so easy translate into the production list, but machines are more or less numbered from #1 to #54. First 15 is 7280A's, then 27 7280B's and last 13 7280C's. This machine is 7280B #41, and initial customer was Pacific Thinning in Powell River. The one in post 2735 is more a shot in the dark, but it may be a rebuilt 7280B (#37) and if so it was originally owned by Skeena Mills in Terrace. If plate is from U/C machine may also be originally Olsen Groups or R&N Loggings 7280C #52 but I thought that was parked in Campbell River. The one in post 2701 is 7280B #42 originally owned by Palmer Bay Logging in Campbell River.

HDX

Well Thanks a lot TorkelH, All Chinese to me unless it is a Hayes. Was not sure about any of the machine numbers. Just somewhat of a shot in the dark. Seems there are guy's around that track these and it is great, so anything I can take pictures of I will.