• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vacuum Pump for Hydraulics

Ldvlie

12V electric is the way to go, no need to have the service truck close to the machine or messing with inverters.
Just a small pump with cig lighter adapter or alligator clips to hook on to the machines batteries.
Do you have a specific one in mind?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
7589A33A-DC83-4ED1-9AE6-D1ECB66F6CA3.jpeg This is the other one I use. Actually have multiples. CKT cv—15. Like $30 on the Amazon. This is what I use for doing the EPA- Method 27 vacuum test on cargo tanks. Haven’t imploded one, yet. lol. Yeah, I’ve watched those videos too, during PHMSA training.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Looking for a 12 volt vacuum pump for hydraulic systems. Deere has one and Wirtgen Group has one, but I would rather get one from a third party if possible. Has anybody ever gotten one elsewhere? Also, is putting a vacuum on a plastic hydraulic tank an issue? Does it need to be regulated, and if so what is the best way to do that?
Kennedy makes one the shop I worked at used them. You may find one on the interweb. Also years ago before we had a pump we put a tee on the brake booster line on service truck and ran a hose from there to hyd. tank to pull vacuum.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I had to replace a hydraulic line out in the middle of nowhere with no air to work the homemade vacuum tool I have so out of desperation I came up with a solution.

Service truck had a gas engine and I had some rubber hose. So I popped off a vacuum hose on the engine and connected a hose from the truck engine to a fitting on the top of hyd tank.

Got line swapped with only a few drips of oil. However as I started to drive back to the shop saw that the tuck engine had apparently caused enough suction to have got a good amount into the intake. Lucky I was out in the sticks and could run it good and hard to burn off the oil before I got near any houses! I don't think there was a mosquito in that area for a few days!