• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

unlimited fabrication rootgrapple.com

wandsons

What do you guys think of these products? Has anyone used any of them or do see any design flaws. The website does not give any weights. The prices are at a level that has me looking at quality, but maybe it's a guy with low overhead. I was mainly looking at a tree shear and grapple bucket.
www.rootgrapple.com

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
damn they do seem cheap dont they, i would be interested in their log splitter and maybe a shear as well, im also in MO if you go up there to pick yours up let me know lol

pj

wandsons

Yeah my wife already decided we should vacation in NC and haul them home. I'm just worried about getting what you pay for. It seems that most people consider the cylinders on top of the bucket to be an inferior design. I won't use it day in and day out but will likely own it forever.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
DON'T Be afraid of buying that Root-Grapple ! ….. I wouldn't of believed it if I didn't see it, But my buddy bought that same grapple direct from them 5yrs ago and it is one well made TOUGH attachment …..

I tried it out on my A-300 and it withstood anything I threw at it, and i've been known to pick-up in excess of 5,000 lbs (I have alot of counterweight added) ….we used it when we did a huge ROW clearing project at an Air-port, back in '09, I was handling green D.Fir Logs 28" at the butt, and bucked lengths up to 25 meters in length … it withstood all the twisting when we were pushing up the log decks …. for 2 months straight everyday, we were pushing up and handling Aspen/willow/pine mixed crap piles …. to this day I know of no structural failures

For the Money it's worth it ! …. even though we know of the saying "You Get What You Pay For" …. in this case i'd say you get More !

Hope this helps you out …..cheers !!!

Last edited:

jca57jd

I own one of there extreme grapple forks http://www.rootgrapple.com/grappleclaw.html. I bought it back in 2007 and It has been a decent attachment but the claws on the bottom bend very easily and I'm constantly finding myself with a sledge hammer straitening them back out. I called them about this problem about 6 months ago and they said that the older forks had a design flaw and they weld better web reinforcement on them now so they don't bend. He said that if I brought the bucket to them the. They would straiten them for $250. I just don't feel like driving 2 hours and leaving it for a week and driving back. My total would be around $500 after fuel. They are the same manufacturing facility as CID attachments. There extreme mower is the cats meow!

jsinpa

I actually just posted a thread asking about grapples in the main skid steer heading...Let me know what you think about the two grapples I posted....I didn't see this thread until after I posted in that one..my bad guys!

wandsons

Got my root grapple from from High Rock. Very impressed. Picked them over root grapple.com because all communications were with the owner and he was much more polite. Got it shipped to Missouri in two days.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Just so you know. Since I last posted in this thread I had to send two 4n1 buckets back to High Rock. Both were rattle traps on the quick attach, cylinders were weak, etc. No thanks...

dmcschultz

Gents I just joined the forum a few days back but saw this thread about unlimited fabrication and thought I'd share my experience. Last fall I bought one of their open-faced rotary cutters for clearing the 27 acres of brush/saplings that I purchased. Their price was very competitive and their 3-cutter head machine was comparable to other's 2-cutter machines. Once we got it my son-in-law and I hooked it up to a rented CTL (TL-140), and boy were we impressed. This thing mowed down 1"-2" trees like cutting the lawn, a little more effort was needed on the 4"-5" trees (oaks, poplars) and the pines. No problems with the cutter at all, we did go thru some shear bolts but that is to be expected (and were relatively easy to change). Overall I was quite pleased with unlimited fabrication and their product.

kckc

There are 4 companies right in Denton, NC that make attachments - I asked NAI equipment if they were all the same company just using different names, but nope, different companies. Odd they are all in that one area and none near bigger city Charlotte.