• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tuff-studds or Tung-studs

dabsfabs

Hi

As any one had experince with either of these products.

As have a clinet that has ware rate rates of around 400 to 600 hours for dozer corner shoes, what i can work out is that these products may help this dozer keep work going longer. If he could get 2000 hours would very happy.

Also looking at try try get sone off the people run runing crushers to give them a go.

Got 2 cilnets will to give them ago now.

Other one is how do you sell them, price per stud all in or consumable and hourly rate.

Which is the better qualitly?

Any feed back what so ever would be great.

Dave

RayF

Occupation
lineborer/welder
Studs were all the go here in mining trucks and heavy buckets about ten years ago. Never see the any more. I think wear plate has improved so much its made the studs obsolete.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you are considering studs for dozer corner shoes I'd say you are wasting your time. In that application my preference would be for a spray-on protective edging something like Cat's ARM material, although that's not by any means the only product around. The material needs to be applied before the part is installed so that it can work-harden during operation.

Crushers - no idea.