• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

trouble starting my generator

Did the engine have coolant in the oil before the repair? Has the engine been started? Did the coolant get into the oil without running the engine? Do you have oil in your cooling system? Engine oil cooler issues will put oil into the cooling system. But since it easy to access I would still check it. The timing cover and the water pump on that engine have no coolant connection through the cover to oil unless your water pump failed and ate through the cover or your cover is cracked at the water pump outlet area. Another possibility is a freeze plug just above the camshaft on the front of the block under the timing plate. I think (if I recall correctly) that plug seals a coolant passage. So that leaves either a liner o-ring getting cut on assembly or possibly a damaged head gasket.

no the engine has no coolant in the oil before repair.
the engine runs fine and coolant gets into the oil without running the engine.
there's no oil in the cooling system