• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan 1900Z ZF tranny no movement.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hello Conkle,
What kind of shifter is fitted in loader?
Is there a TCU Box like EST17T or EST 25 fitted? Possibly share some pics on Hugo.burkhart@gmail.com
Will share a Manual for 4 WG 150 (very similar to 120) soon.
Regards

Conkle

I have the old electric shift here is what I have going on the every thing test out with the controller good at the solenoids but soon as I start the machine I have no neutral neutral goes forward I am so lost here when I step in the clutch cut out pedal there also is no neutral

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Conkle,

this is the antique famous DW1 shifter, see attached file.
Hope, your shifter is equipped with this kind of connector "AMP". There were a few shifters with round sureseal connectors built, but shipped very seldom.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ZF DW1.pdf
    543.3 KB · Views: 27

Conkle

Hi Conkle,

Hope, your shifter is equipped with this kind of connector "AMP". There were a few shifters with round sureseal connectors built, but shipped very seldom.
Hope this helps.
Hi Conkle,

Hope this helps.

Thank you so buddy unfortunately I have the round connector plug do you have any idea what might be my problem I have no neutral function at all when I put it in neutral it drives forward when I step on the declutch pedal it goes Into forward forward 3rd will go in reverse. I will pay for help here I’m at such a loss and our family depends on this machine anyone that understands this type of transmission have a number I can call ya at ?

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Conkle,

please see attached the wiring of the round connector. "AS" means engine start inhibitor (with gear lever not in neutral engine must not start).

I'm afraid there is a short somewhere from gear selector to control valve. Please check signals from gear selector, then signals at connector t/m, then remove cover of control valve to check cables to solenoids.
Good luck.

Attachments

• ZF DW1roundconnector.pdf
    339.3 KB · Views: 21

Conkle

Hi Conkle,

please see attached the wiring of the round connector. "AS" means engine start inhibitor (with gear lever not in neutral engine must not start).

I'm afraid there is a short somewhere from gear selector to control valve. Please check signals from gear selector, then signals at connector t/m, then remove cover of control valve to check cables to solenoids.
Good luck.
Thank you do you happen to have the diagram to the clutch cut out

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
The pressure cut off was usually wired up like this:
Wire from selector to solenoid M3 (F) and wire M1 (additionally to M3 in R) was lead through brake switch. Closed with no brake pressure, opened with approx. 30% of max brake pressure.
For neutral whether M3 nor M1 must have power. M2 and M4 with 24 V is K1, only M4 is K2, no M2 and no M4 is K3. Only M1 is K4 which also drives F.

Conkle

Wire from selector to solenoid M3 (F) and wire M1 (additionally to M3 in R) was lead through brake switch. Closed with no brake pressure, opened with approx. 30% of max brake pressure.
For neutral whether M3 nor M1 must have power. M2 and M4 with 24 V is K1, only M4 is K2, no M2 and no M4 is K3. Only M1 is K4 which also drives F.
If you where to take a guess buddy could you think of what direction to send me in my friend ?

ToddW

I have a 1985 1900Z with a similar problem. It will barely go in either direction until it is warm, probably takes 20 minutes before it will do anything more than a crawl. However it will move full speed for 5 or 10 seconds when it first starts up, even when cold and then comes to a stop for several minutes. If I shut the machine off and start it again it will move fine again for only a few seconds.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Todd,

are you sure the wheels are spinning free, no draggingof brakes?

Conkle

Sorry I have been away for so long
Just a refresher her. Fiat allis fr12b
Transmsion has no neutral at all. Neutral is drive. some times there is mo reverse until you shift it to forward I believe 2nd or 3rd once you do that it will go in reverse then from there yiu can shift it into reverse and all reverse gears will work. But still no neutral all neutral gears are act life a forward gear if you step on left pedal it will also act like a forward gear no neutral. I have been told it sounds like a spring in valve body is broke ? I have tested the shifter all the solenoids are working correctly. I also bought 2 new solenoids and switch some around just trying stuff. Still no change. I have used it as is for about 40hrs of run time and all gears are strong just gears reverse sometimes don’t go in with out shifting or to forward 3rd it derives in reverse in toward 3rd then you shift it to reverse and all reverse gears work all neutral gears act like forward gears. And all the wiring to solenoids are correct and verified. I also bought all the repair manuals service manuals and wiring diagrams. I’m so confused and need guidance I have every manual everyone may need of and one needs just hit me up

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Conkle,

just to be sure, the FR 12B got a ZF 4WG120 as far as I remember. with shifter DW1 (big thing) or DW2, smaller.
Did you get a manual for this tranny? Else get me your email address and I send you.
Are you able to fit some pressure gauges on control valve to check clutch pressures?
If solenoids are fired properly and pressures do not move when switching shifter (and solenoids), there is something wrong in control valve (broken spring, dragging spool, debris etc).
If pressures change according scheme I'd rather expect some issue in clutches.
Not neutral means loader moving forward?
KV and K4 are forward clutches.
Dragging KV or K4 piston might create force to forward.
Shifter DW1 in neutral always got pressure in K3.
shifter DW2 in neutral got K1 in pos. 1, K2 in pos 2, K3 in 3 and 4.