• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trojan 1900Z ZF tranny no movement.

Frankhaddad

Working on a 1900Z with ZF transmission, hydraulics work, When I move electronic shifter I can see pressure on the dash drop then come back up after gear selected. I checked solenoids, they all are 62 Ohms. unplugged, It looks like I have 24v going to three solenoids, I can not find sequence for this to verify correct or not. I did not see any metal when I drained a little from the sump. Looking for any knowledge out there.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hello Frankhaddad,

guess it is a ZF 4WG 200 or 180 tranny. But doesn't matter. See attached pdf's for solenoids and pressure ports.
br
Bigbert

Attachments

• ControlUnit_WG200.pdf
    112 KB · Views: 38
  • ControlUnit2_WG200.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 28

Frankhaddad

Hello Frankhaddad,

guess it is a ZF 4WG 200 or 180 tranny. But doesn't matter. See attached pdf's for solenoids and pressure ports.
br
Bigbert
I didn't realize you were looking for tranny info, the tag reads 4WG-120, don't know if it would be different? Thank you for the info!

laycobeau

Occupation
Lead electronic technician
The shifter it's self should have a label marked DW-2 or DW-3 but Bigbert gave you the right info.
either way you should have three solenoids hot in first gear. m3 m2 m4 in forward and m1 m2 m4 in reverse.
Looks like the tranny. run the test in the second item he sent you. Good luck

Frankhaddad

Thank you guys for all the input, I will run the tests Monday if I can't get to it tomorow.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
It doesn't matter it is a 4WG120. Same control System. However really old versions got 4 solenoids. From approx. 1987 5 solenoids .

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
I do not have a 4 solenoid schematic with me currently. However :
Two hoses need to have pressure for drive. Feel with hand. If not there is an issue on electrics or hydraulics.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
This is the electric coding of 4 solenoids control

Attachments

• M4_WG200.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 27

dustind2189

Hi, I'm new to the forum so forgive me for hijacking this thread. feel free to redirect me if needed. I'm working on a o&k trojan 1900 with the deutz engine. I have the 4 solenoid valve body and same shifter as described in this thread. This machine has to be revved up quite a bit and then it will slam into gear. first is most noticable. when pushing it has very little power and the engine has to be on the floor or it will drop in and out of gear. engine runs great and main hydraulics work fine. would the main hydraulic filter affect this at all? or just the small transmission filter? thoughts anyone? having trouble finding a manual or any repair info as to where I should start.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi Dustind. ..
This sounds like dragging brakes. Brakes getting hot after some drive? Residual pressure on brakes?
Is there pressure in two hoses from control valve to tranny housing?
When pressing gas pedal further down do you feel engaging gear?
Main filter change will not help, rather tranny filter.
Could get you more details on ZF tranny via email . 4WG120?
br
Bigbert

dustind2189

Thanks bigbert.
Brakes are fine, no heating or anything . Also tried jumpering the brake cutout switch to eliminate that. All my solenoids have 24v to them when put into the appropriate gears and all are moving although not very much it seems. Have a trans filter on order. If you keep your foot in it after it drops out of gear it will continue to reengage but very Sharply. The machine has always needed quite a bit of throttle to get the drive to engage but lately is almost unuseable when hot. All that's left of the tag says 448 and 617 below it. I'll check the hoses next. Email is dustind2189@gmail.com. I appreciate the info!

dustind2189

Well at idle I have one hose that's quite hard, one hose that seems fairly firm and the rest are quite squishy. There is no change on the hoses when different gears are selected.