• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trelleborg track users, or know a user?..need help.

ALM

Occupation
Excavation and Vegetation Management.
Probably marketing bs lol. Just be aware like i said that these do tear and cut easier than my oems did. My bench mark was 1000hrs that i wanted to see out of them and they did barely make it to that, but i was wondering with all the cuts. Im still running the one on the other side so we'll see how long that one makes it. Just wanted to clarify so i wasnt blamed later :) One more observation is that with a new one on one side and a 1000hr one on the other i dont see or feel much traction difference.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
I only saw 2 pics of your machine on there, could kinda see the track.

That's pretty amazing not telling traction difference between the 2. With the price I'm getting them at I wouldn't care if they made it to 800 hrs lol. I'm at 1100 with OEM, dont have much traction left. I'm guessing anyday now I'll lose them. Hoping to order in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

ALM

Occupation
Yea those were the only two i was talking about. Just something for you to see till i get better ones for you.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yeah I think I can see what you were talking about the slope from the inside center. My oem tracks are bad also about keeping mud and crap inside the track too.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
1000 hrs is pretty good for a rubber track set and at that price point you can buy two sets and still be ahead of the game.
I like the design and feel it would provide high traction in the nasty , muddy, wet condition we have been running in lately.
I sink ankle deep in the sloop just standing. Incredibly wet and soft in the woods of the Northeast these days...basically the ground never froze solid for more than a few days. We would normally have 3 to 4 foot deep frost in the earth, now we just have a sponge with dirt mixed in. These tracks would probably work real well for us...

Mark13

There is actually a picture on our instagram right now where you can see the track before it broke and you can kinda see the slope on the inside im talking about. Advancedlandmanagement is the name on instagram.

I got excited thinking there was another neat contracting page I could follow on instagram while I watch it rain outside and plan my attack for business this spring and then I realized I already follow you guys. Bummer lol

ALM

Occupation
Ha. Sorry to disappoint ya. It's horrendously wet here as well. Trying to pick my battles as to which jobs to leave sitting and which to bite into and deal with the mud. I hate mud on my sites, which is a real challenge in the northwest lol.

ALM

Occupation
How many hours do you have on that 90 HRP? Any trouble with it so far?

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
I have almost 1100 hours, zero issues so far on the machine. I keep it maintained well. Open it up every 200 hours and wash everything out of it. I'm the only operator. Only thing is the 4 rear loader arm pins, I'm hoping it's just the bushings are worn. I just ordered new bushings last week and replace them soon. But I really haven't had any issues at all.

Jimbo

Have you removed the dust cover at the bottom of the lift arms? Makes it easier to clean, and keep dirt from piling up in there.

ALM

Occupation
Here are some comparisons between the 1000hr track and new one. You can see it is torn up but not worn severely. Another thing i thought of was that the trelleborgs that i have 1000hrs on were mostly used by employees and they were fresh learning to handle it employees. The oems that lasted 1500hrs where entirely run by me, the owner.

c8c5cfaaf3a96ae4f3a69774c763d24a.jpg
56142eeda303b73946c5d60a22a4247c.jpg
6c87b070c74de76518f5a6bbf08992d8.jpg
7b1322f320ddfe425594c8c80b9e4746.jpg

ALM

Occupation
Here you can see the slope out on the inside of the track. It's not a ton but it definitely makes a difference.
cc73c20894c777aa939ddeb4fbdc26c3.jpg

8fa66bde48f5cbee563c6a138f42f956.jpg
2d10bc2a1159ad9a4e3f33f89cdc305c.jpg

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yeah II removed those covers after about 20 hours of the machines life.

Thanks for those pics, those are great. Those look better than my oem at 1000 hours. They look amazing newreal nice sharp lines. I thought they would've chipped more but yours look better at 1000 hours than other aftermarket's I've seen. Curious to see what pafarmer things. Since he goes through lots of tracks too.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
My tread at 1100 hours is down to the top of the lugs for the sprocket. Yours are still above those lugs looks like a little ways, too mad about the break, looks like you could've gone a ways more.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I think it's fantastic wear for the amount of hours on them and like the looks when brand new. I plan on ordering a few sets for my 259 D machines. Both 259 D are brand new units but its a great price on a top quality track IMHO... Striking while the iron is hot on a couple of sets on these to replace my OEM set ..Can't beat the price .....

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Glad to hear you're getting a few sets. Hope he does a great deal for you on that. After further inspection of my tracks, I think I'll pick them up when they show up. I see 1 or 2 lugs that look like will break very soon. Deep cracks on both sides. They werent in today, I had to drive right by his place to get a 6" round stock of 4140 HTSR for a custom attachment I made. Now it's being machined to perfection. Anyway, I'm excited to pick them up soon.

We just may have found a heck of a thing with these tracks. You'll use them faster than me. I don't spend 5 days a week in mine, we do lots of other work. The last whole year has been big metal buildings and arenas. And I have about 4 more buildings in line right now. So lately I use mine for shuffling materials around, or doing pad sites, and roads to the site.

Last edited:

ALM

Occupation
HRP,
Keep in mind that its not the rubber that really hold these togeather, my oems went a couple hundred hours with cracks, or breaks, all the way across. When the internals fail is when they break, granted the rubber helps protect the internals. Once the internals break even if the rubber is solid it will spread it apart fairly quickly, I have always been able to make it back to a convenient location, but still quickly. Just an FYI from my experience. Not arguing and definitely results vary and definitely a good idea to have new ones on hand.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yes I appreciate the input. This is my first CTL, and first time getting tracks. I'm just going based on broken tracks I've seen online and how they look, and the rubber...plus me not using this 5 days a week...these tracks are 4 years old on this machine...the rubber isn't as plyable anymore, its more brittle, etc. And had deep cuts for a while so I'm not holding my breath on the internals holding much longer. Just my thoughts lol. I put a long point in a bunch of the cuts and it was right at the cables.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Well I'm picking up my set of Trelleborg tracks on Sat, for $1950. I'll take some pics when I do. Hoping to put them on Sunday or first of the week. I have a lot of time sensitive jobs coming up that I can't be down. So I'm going to replace before they break.