• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trelleborg track users, or know a user?..need help.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
So a distributor near me gave me a heck of a price on the trelleborg C lug pattern for my kubota svl90. $1950 for both shipped to me...free shipping, said the price is good till I become a customer. Both the company and distributor have been very helpful in emails and quick response. This is the pattern I want, and so far this is a hard to beat price. From my reading on their site, etc seems very good quality.
View attachment Trelleborg-Tracks.pdf
But I want real world info from users of this brand or if you know a user of this brand, give me any and all feedback, good or bad, thank you! Hoping to purchase in a few weeks. Thanks guys!

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Trelleborg has been around a long time. Used to be the stock tire on Husqvarna dirt bikes back in the 70's and still make ice tires today for bikes. Although I have never used their tracks I can only imagine that they have a very solid product and at that price you basically can't afford to not give then a try....

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
That's good to know. Yeah that's what I'm thinking too but just wanted to try to get some info from end users. Seems difficult to get much info on matter what track. Just a few reviews here/there.

pafarmer

Occupation
I think it's a hell of a good price from a long standing company. I would go for it. You really can't afford not too. I bet you dollars to donuts they are a high quality track. They sure look by their literature...been in the business a long time too. Not some fly by night outfit by anyone's measure..

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yes all their literature seems very legit. I also am comparing track weight, carcass thickness, and tread depth from them and 2 other companies. I'm waiting for them to get the measurements. But have the weight.

bobcan

Yes all their literature seems very legit. I also am comparing track weight, carcass thickness, and tread depth from them and 2 other companies. I'm waiting for them to get the measurements. But have the weight.

Wow.. I cannot speak to the good or bad of their tracks, but as far as AG tires, they are right up at the top of build quality for many applications.. accordingly, I suspect that at least they are very good _ and they might be better than that.. :cool2

Please keep us in the loop, as my Bobcat T190 will 'need new shoes' in the next year, I suspect!!

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yes I def will post my findings on these measurements, and when I make the purchase I'll keep posting how they're turning out...hopefully will give good reviews to help others too.

ALM

Occupation
Excavation and Vegetation Management.
I use them on my 299. I have 1000 hrs on the current set and just broke one. So far i love them. I wish the one wouldnt have broke but honestly we beat crap out of them. The rubber is much softer than my oem so they tear and cut much easier but that really only helped the traction even more. I do think that a cut exposed the cable a bit and contributed to the break, maybe a rock got in there. Overall the tread depth held up well but we are also almost strictly forestry enviroment with some rock and gravel applications. We push pretty hard with them and honestly when i first put them on it made me nervous for my finals because they got so much more traction than Oems. They are thick. Very thick. Noticably heavier and thicker than oem. One thing i had no idea about till i put them on was the inside of them. The oems are flat on the inside with a groove so when you turn and scoop material from the slide sideways it just kinda rolls it around and gets it into the rollers alot. The trelleborgs are built up pretty thick near the center with a constant slope out so they roll material to the outside pretty rapidly. I can get some pics later if you want. I dont know that they are the best choice for lawns or pavement but for forestry and dirt i love them. I paid alot more than you did but after the first set i went right back for more. Based on tread wear i would have gotten anothr 800 hours i think but the cable inside busted. Frankly i dont blame it. Hope this helps.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
That's a great review and helps a lot, sounds like this is what I'll be getting. Im curious also if a lot more traction is detrimental to the finals. I'd sure hate to ruin those. Yes, if you can post pics would be great, id like to see them. Can't seem to find good real pics online. Thank you.

lantraxco

Finals are designed to handle the maximum output of the engine/drivetrain, track slip is not considered as a limiting feature. Now if the machine has trouble turning due to excessive track grip that will eventually cause premature wear because of the high cycle duty, but the same could be said of working on slopes and we don't hesitate to do that....

pafarmer

Occupation
Who gave you that great price on the Trelleborg tracks ? Name and phone number pkease...I want to buy a set for my 259D. I don't need them yet the machine is brand new but I want to buy them and have on hand for when the time comes.
It's a fantastic price...

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yes, PM sent.

Lantraxco, so I shouldn't have an issue with a tread providing more traction over OEM? I guess just paying attention to how it turns?

lantraxco

Yes, PM sent.

Lantraxco, so I shouldn't have an issue with a tread providing more traction over OEM? I guess just paying attention to how it turns?

In my opinion, no. For whatever that's worth :cool:

Think of putting OTT tracks on a rubber tired skid steer, now that is an extreme example of increasing traction. Does it accelerate wear and tear? Sure to a point, but that's the tradeoff for being able to do the work when running bare won't get it done. Still it's rare to hear of any catastrophic failures blamed on the use of tracks.

When running straight it's almost impossible to reach the design limits of the drive system in normal use, the machine will likely tip over before stalling. If it struggles to make a turn when loaded down more so than you think is healthy then it may be something to keep in mind. Traction in a straight line may not affect sideways slip all that much if they've included turning considerations in the tread design.

Another thing to keep in mind, in my experience with final drives, the absolute worst thing for them is when a wheel or track slips and then suddenly grabs again. The instantaneous shock load on the gears and bearings over time will lead to metal fatigue and failure.

The dumpers I work with are almost exclusively a wide straight bar lug design, great traction and load carrying, not great for tight turns. Not sure why they're that way except that's the way it's been since they started.

Last edited:

ALM

Occupation
In my head I knew it probably wouldnt make much difference on the finals but it was a quite noticeable difference on traction so I know it put quite a bit more torque on things. In general I dont worry about anything like that but it was a thought that entered my mind. The prevailing mindset that I run on is crank it to ten and lets go. Somehow my equipment holds up really well even with that mindset. When my track broke we where shearing and packing them out at high speed over over stumps and what not. Snapped one of the internal cables, i was still able to drive it out fine.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
You're welcome, keep me updated what he's going to do for you. Thanks.

I see, I appreciate that advice. I'm not sure who makes the finals in my machine but heard they're pretty stout and shouldn't worry about it. I'll keep that in mind about slipping, I'm the only operator so that'll help a ton.

I have the graphics on, and about to post pics on a new thread.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Alm. Are you able to tell if those cables really are brass coated or whatever...theyre advertised to slow oxidation.

First few hundred hours of my machine I was running all out. Now I know my capabilities at dif throttle settings I go easier on it and still just as productive....using a bit less fuel too. Been clearing land and running through 30 gal in 16 hours, used to do 30 in 10 hours.

ALM

Occupation
There is actually a picture on our instagram right now where you can see the track before it broke and you can kinda see the slope on the inside im talking about. Advancedlandmanagement is the name on instagram.

ALM

Occupation
Ill try to check, they are covered in mud right now as they got a ride back to home in a dumper full of sludge. We are going to send them in for warranty and see if they will give any back on the remaining 6 months of warranty.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Ok cool, just wondering if it was true or marketing bs lol. Thanks.