• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Transmission Fault light on Case 650k Series 2

Jdtech99

Also in dash under software version I'm getting a "no can" for joystick and "no can" from dtc. Which I'm assuming is the drive train controller. Also where is the drive train controller located on this machine.

fpgm04

This is from memory based on title for 650k Series 2, not by researching serial number, so take it for what it may be worth.

The drive train controller is under the LH arm rest, there should be plastic cover panel with 4 screws on it.

120 ohms supports the can fault being observed. Normal healthy J1939 canbus is typically 60, so one of the canbus end-nodes is not present/open-circuit likely by either faulty electrical wiring connection or bad component.

Also, as Gary mentioned in post #2 in this thread, check all of the fuses and relays 1-by-1 for corrosion as that can cause a variety of issues

Jdtech99

I removed LH armrest and plastic cover. Nothing under the plastic cover but the metal frame of the cab. Everything I'm reading states the can resistance should be 117 ohms. I'm reading 120 ohms. Is that a big enough difference to give me the issues I'm having?

fpgm04

If the controller is not under the cover, look behind the fuse panel as they got positioned in different places over time.

Endnode terminating resistor values typically range from 110 to 130 with nominal 120 ohms, so 120 is good.

Are you reading 117/120 directly from a particular device disconnected from the bus, or from the vehicle’s diagnostic port?

Jdtech99

I have fixed the issue with the no can from joystick and drive train controller now it seems I have another issue. Park brake will not release. All fuses and relays seems to be ok. With both levers down the park symbol is still illuminated on the dash. Any ideas?

fpgm04

Jdtech99,

What did you end up doing to resolve the drivetrain issue? The response may help the good people on this forum to help you with the next problem, as well as help the next guy.

Jdtech99

One of the one amp fuses for the drivetrain controller the wire was chewed into right at the back of the fuse panel. Fixed broke wire and immediately the no can fault went away. Also the monitor started working for the track speed and fnr would now register on monitor. Only issue im having having now is I can't get the park brake to release.