• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track time! Hiqual, McLaren, Camso?

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
Yeah I'm going to get measurements of the thickness of the spot the idlers roll on. I'm thinking the heavier the track should be better too? What brand, and track style did you go with? How many hours are on them and how are they holding up? If you could do it again, what would you get?

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I went with the block pattern from Rubbertrax. Photos at the bottom of this page https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?22489-Aftermarket-vs-OME-rubber-tracks/page2. I got a referral from Fastdirt here on HEF. He has them on his Tak. It would be interesting to see how he likes them at this point. Mine are at 250hrs and I'm happy with them so far. We'll see how they hold up. The sales guy (a member here) isn't with Rubbertrax anymore, so I don't know if that would effect pricing or not.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
I'll PM him about his tracks. Can you tell anything different from them vs OEM? I'm slowly getting carcass thickness measurements back from some manufacturers.

JNB

Occupation
The oem Bridgstone tracks had 750 hrs on them when I got my machine and had already gotten pretty bad on the inside. Plenty of block left though. Hard for me to tell, but the new tracks seem to be close to the same thickness-wise. A lot more traction and less vibration, which is to be expected.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Just went to the Kubota dealer. I ordered the bushings for rear loader arm pins. I saw the Hiqual s wave on a new Holland machine there. They were more stout than they appear in pics. The OEM bridgestone tracks were quoted at $6135 lol....no way lol.

JNB

Occupation
Just went to the Kubota dealer. I ordered the bushings for rear loader arm pins. I saw the Hiqual s wave on a new Holland machine there. They were more stout than they appear in pics. The OEM bridgestone tracks were quoted at $6135 lol....no way lol.

Did you ask them if that included a free 4n1 bucket or something? Geez, that's crazy.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yeah I couldn't believe it. I knew it was going to be a stupid price. But no idea it would be that lol. Speaking of 4in1 buckets. I borrowed a friend's a while ago and really liked it a lot. Couldn't justify the price much. He only has it cause that's what his mtl came with...he has no other bucket, maybe I'll trade him lol. I gotta weld 2 new teeth on mine.

Mark13

Did you tell them you already owned the skid loader you just need the tracks? Good grief!

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yeah lol. Completely stupid, I was thinking somewhere under 5k. There's no way in the world I could justify OEM tracks. Aftermarket's would have to do worse than lasting 350 hours for those to make sense.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think that is why you are seeing some OEM's going away from Bridgestone tracks. I don't know how anyone could quote 6K for a set of rubber tracks with a straight face. Like everyone else my Bridgestone tracks are cracked out, wearing fine from a tread depth standpoint, but I am sure the steel cords are going to rust and break at some point.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Yeah I don't know how they quote it at that price either. I have some other good info I'm getting from some brands that I'll be able to post in a new thread next week to help others that may be in need of tracks too. I have weights, carcass thickness, track depth. Etc.

Mark13

The Solideal/Camso tracks should be here sometime the beginning or middle of next week. I can post some pictures of them once I get them and maybe do a quick review if the weather cooperates and I can try them out some.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
That would be great! You ordered the HXD, or SD?

Mark13

That would be great! You ordered the HXD, or SD?

The SD Pattern. Some friends of mine have them on their Gehl CTL70 (Tak TL140) and they've been pretty happy with them. I went and looked at their machine the other day and got a better idea of what the tracks look like in person instead of a little picture on a computer screen.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
There's a member on here that told me about those, he has 1800 hours on them, but he doesn't deal with rock. I use mind in rock some and afraid I'll just be breaking the tread too much.

dirthog28

Anybody got anymore experience or knowledge of the Hiqual tracks? I know that CNH is using them on their machines now, so I would think they would be a decent track, but haven't found much feedback on them.