• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track pin press

greerco

Im looking to purchase a track pin press. Im wondering if a track pin press can be also used to remove seized loader and bucket pins or is that a different type of press. OR is there one that does both.

Also are there any used ones for sale on here in Canada or close to Ontario.

Thanks

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Usually the C frame presses have a fork on the stationary end that accepts a die to fit the particular pin diameter. The largest track pin I remember pushing on was two and half inches. Loader and bucket pins are usually a lot larger. I have used a two hundred ton press which used four legs and an end plate that had a hole bored for those two and a half inch track pins. I suppose you could have those made to do whatever pin size you wanted. It would likely be cost prohibitive though.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Loader pins - torch them out..? Faster and more guaranteed results than a press. Even if you are successful with a press the pins might not be reusable once you actually get them out.

Attachments

• SEHS8923-02 - Mini Cutting Torch.pdf
    86.9 KB · Views: 46

wornout wrench