• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Torque Multiplier 6V6080

Danyboy

New 2000

Attachments

• IMG_20230118_164444.jpg
    IMG_20230118_164444.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20230118_165000.jpg
    IMG_20230118_165000.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230118_164444.jpg
    IMG_20230118_164444.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 59

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We had one like that at the quarry. Had to keep it away from some people as at least one asked if he could use an air wrench to turn it!

Not sure how they did it but it was loaned out to another quarry and came back with the output drive snapped! Might be a good thing they did not know that ours had a replacement drive inside the handle!

Can't say for sure but would put money on a bet saying that since I retired someone managed to destroy it and a few other tools we had!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It's nice to torque things up with. It's the pits when you have release the tension on that thing. It's like playing with a rattlesnake. One wrong move and you are in for some pretty significant pain.

Truck Shop

Friend of that has a machine shop had some interesting nuts------laying on his work bench.
10" across, came from Monumental Dam used to retain a generator. Torqued to 52,000 lbs.
The socket was laying there also, had to smooth mill the points inside the socket for fit.

Socket was stamped HF&S --lol

Tyler d4c

I'll pay double what I have in my 150 ton though hole ram. Need these on them big jobs.
Where do I send the 150.00 dollars to

Yes I got a whopping 75 bucks in a 150 though hole ram.

excavator

Just when I get old enough to think about selling off some of my tools I find out they're old enough to not be worth alot. :( I have a 1 1/2" torque multiplier and an 8" Proto socket that fits it. I'm thinking the socket will become either a candy dish or a candle holder. The problem is I put my back out every time I move it. ;)

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Gas axe, or do you re-use segment hardware.?
Dumped some damaged bolts , segments were good tooth wise . I welded the segments together , it's easy enough to cut the weld out to remove when their time is up . Going by the bright green paint on two of the segments nuts last owners had the same issue . The other way out looked to me to be to rotate new segments , drill new holes and add new bolts . 15 hours on the dozer since and they are all tight , I've not used locktight rightly or wrongly . There is a small bevel cut on the bolt heads which ride up if its not blocked from being against the stop giving a false tightness . I blocked the heads from fully in-gauging with a small cold chisel . I'm sure the little bevel is the reason the segments worked lose . Poured some hours into the job and don't wish to repeat it .