• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tonka's Truck Pictures...

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Copy that, I dont know if it was the same one as you seem more informed than myself. it was the " Oakland " show at the C.O.W. palace and there were two trucks. One was inside and was a Pete turned into a convertible that was blue w like tribal paint and the kenworth was red and had a spread axle alum end dump. Both appeared to be owned by drug dealers or???? Guys who were clearing waaaaay more than the average trucking company. I assumed they were from the central valley. My interest is in trucks that have either been restored from the late 50s-mid 80s so anything outside of that really just kinda all blend. None of the guys I know are "large car" owners. I like the trucks that were at the Pleasanton A.T.H.S. event I attended myself. I am grateful there are guys willing to vomit money on the big rigs fer sure.
Ahhh now i know what your talking about...

The Convetable Pete is a hand built show truck, Built By Bothello Custom Trucks in Los Bannos.
The W900L was once owned by Double C Commodities, out of Oakdale. And Now owned by Brazil Dairys.

There were some great trucks at the Nat. ATHS show...

here is my favorite...

Attachments

• welsh.jpg
    welsh.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,157

Jdigger4130

Now this truck here! (yellow W900 I am certain I saw) is the bees knees. These are what I get WAAAAY into focusing on. So theres a guy out there somewhere who has A 900 w a KTA (what gets my attn) that was the coolest thing I ever saw. I really appreciate ya taking time to post these great shots. I dont know how to not to mention the pics I have are off an iphone and are inferior quality. I am only an armchair enthusiast and carpenter by vocation so I dont get to see the class 8 stuff much. Not to mention being in the north bay area... well lets just say its not exactly truck and equpt people here in Marin co. I would love to send ya my pics but I only know how in emails so if ya wanna see what i have SO FAR email me. over.

Jdigger4130

it was red w traditional white stripes/black outlines as I recall. W900 on like 230-40"wb w floats up front(not a fan) and a drop axle(I also dont like) w ramps! it was a mountain slayer dude. deep lug drivers... Work truck all the way. NOT A MALL CRAWLER! My email addy is justinnunneley@gmail.com. Hit me and I will send pics of er. The guy I believe his name is Talley who has like 10 trucks he brings that are blue and yellow outta K falls was looking at it and saying its so hot w the custom split intake and other mods they dont know what its full dyno will read!!! Now I am the first to say my little diesel school education and interest in machines is all talk and speculation... This dude has a two six bit Cummins on a trailer w a bunch of the SWEETEST Paccar stuff I know of MAY know what hes sayin... She was FIRST CLASS HILLBILLY supreme! What fuel milage??? LOL

monster truck

what who's your grampa, i might know him...i'm good friends with rossie and jeff...

My grandpa Is named Loyal Stanley, he owns Vidode trucking. He currently drives a burgundy and cream colored 1969 Pete cabover as his daily working truck and has had quite a few working classic trucks over the years. He is in a book about classic Peterbilts with his blue 1946 two axle pete and his yellow and white bubble nose cabover, both pulling lumber at the time.

Jdigger4130

Hey monster truck. I think I have some great pics of the yellow truck if it was a truck and trailer w the gear that was the kind that was like a cross between log and lumber. ya know stick trailer w no bunks?!

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
it was red w traditional white stripes/black outlines as I recall. W900 on like 230-40"wb w floats up front(not a fan) and a drop axle(I also dont like) w ramps! it was a mountain slayer dude. deep lug drivers... Work truck all the way. NOT A MALL CRAWLER! My email addy is justinnunneley@gmail.com. Hit me and I will send pics of er. The guy I believe his name is Talley who has like 10 trucks he brings that are blue and yellow outta K falls was looking at it and saying its so hot w the custom split intake and other mods they dont know what its full dyno will read!!! Now I am the first to say my little diesel school education and interest in machines is all talk and speculation... This dude has a two six bit Cummins on a trailer w a bunch of the SWEETEST Paccar stuff I know of MAY know what hes sayin... She was FIRST CLASS HILLBILLY supreme! What fuel milage??? LOL
lol i have pics of her...

Attachments

• w900a.jpg
    w900a.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,840

monster truck

Hey monster truck. I think I have some great pics of the yellow truck if it was a truck and trailer w the gear that was the kind that was like a cross between log and lumber. ya know stick trailer w no bunks?!

He has had quite a few old cabovers that were yellow, post them up and I'll let ya know :drinkup

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator

Attachments

• V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,782
  • V2.jpg
    V2.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,772
  • V3.jpg
    V3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,837
  • V4.jpg
    V4.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,842
  • V5.jpg
    V5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 2,087
Last edited:

Jdigger4130

I lied... It was not that truck!!!! Although I mean no disrespect of that amazing vehicle. i just checked my photos and the tricked KTA was in a VERY near similar truck. This one had red steel bumper and standard 24.5s on Alcoas... My bad. see i got the talkin part down..Thats about it. This has as I call it the Watkins model STRIPE OPTION??? and was so sick . reminded me of the trucks that A guy by the name of Frank Dutra had outta Arcata Ca when I was A kid. Different colors as his were blue w white and gold Seminole graphics but specced very much the same... The main reason I became obsessed w trucks in the first place. His rigs were the elite intheir day. Not a pile of junk in the fleet and all of em were ready to pull ANYTHING up or down ANYTHING!!!! Down here in Marin there are lotsa work trucks but not alot of "woods or dirt" vehicles as I define. Since you have the stock I would love to see A post or whatever ya call these of the 60s-80s heavy hauler/vocational shots ya may be holdin. I make models or try anyway of specifically these types of rigs so all the shots are KILLER. Thanks again

Jdigger4130

That would be great monster truck. I love to see all the good ol stuff. If ya have any pics of J.E.T. stuff put that up too. I am making A truck and trailer in 25th scale on A 352 thats gonna be modeled after one like theirs but w a touch more "show" Dual exhaust alum 10x22s bigger fuel tanks ect so any pics would be helpful. I have the bodies done and trailer gear needs decked then paint and assembly. Next will be an Alto bros. 352 Have the Alloy outsiderail spead axle built already just need Fall to arrive to start to hang in the garage again for the truck project

monster truck

:drinkup Awsome pics tonka! That is the 1969 he drives now, it's going in on the first of the month to get the cab rivets redone and a new paint job, he just hit 50 years as a truck driver and doesnt plan on parking this rig anytime soon. If he can ever find the time he plans on redoing the bubble nose cabover and the 46 needle nose pete, he really wants to get those two back on the road.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
:drinkup Awsome pics tonka! That is the 1969 he drives now, it's going in on the first of the month to get the cab rivets redone and a new paint job, he just hit 50 years as a truck driver and doesnt plan on parking this rig anytime soon. If he can ever find the time he plans on redoing the bubble nose cabover and the 46 needle nose pete, he really wants to get those two back on the road.
Please tell him not to change the paint that paint is so cool... infact that whole truck is bitchen!:drinkup

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
I lied... It was not that truck!!!! Although I mean no disrespect of that amazing vehicle. i just checked my photos and the tricked KTA was in a VERY near similar truck. This one had red steel bumper and standard 24.5s on Alcoas... My bad. see i got the talkin part down..Thats about it. This has as I call it the Watkins model STRIPE OPTION??? and was so sick . reminded me of the trucks that A guy by the name of Frank Dutra had outta Arcata Ca when I was A kid. Different colors as his were blue w white and gold Seminole graphics but specced very much the same... The main reason I became obsessed w trucks in the first place. His rigs were the elite intheir day. Not a pile of junk in the fleet and all of em were ready to pull ANYTHING up or down ANYTHING!!!! Down here in Marin there are lotsa work trucks but not alot of "woods or dirt" vehicles as I define. Since you have the stock I would love to see A post or whatever ya call these of the 60s-80s heavy hauler/vocational shots ya may be holdin. I make models or try anyway of specifically these types of rigs so all the shots are KILLER. Thanks again
here ya go...

Attachments

• SantaCruz---ATHS2010---Pleasanto-11.jpg
    SantaCruz---ATHS2010---Pleasanto-11.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 2,491
  • SantaCruz---ATHS2010---Pleasanton34.jpg
    SantaCruz---ATHS2010---Pleasanton34.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 3,048

Jdigger4130

Thats a great ride yer gramps rolls man. I dig on the lo pro tire package.. The old deck plate is cool as is the loyal 69 as well

Jdigger4130

That is the one!!!! when I marry wealth that is what I am gonna make my wife buy me the parts to make.... I feel like thats the CORRECT way to have a truck look. In my daydream it would have A tad more wb(240") miter cut pipes and logging headache rack w 10x22s w deep lug drivers and half fenders. DONE!!!! DA#$ I love that truck. Never drove fer a living but I tell ya I would feel like a KING workin in that bad S O B.

monster truck

Please tell him not to change the paint that paint is so cool... infact that whole truck is bitchen!:drinkup

He has always had a thing about keeping a trucks original paint scheme and he kept saying this one was going to get the exact same paint job as it has now. But a few nights ago at dinner he did mention that it would be cool to go with the yellow and white flamed scheme that most of his trucks have had so who knows.