• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tonka's Truck Pictures...

Jdigger4130

My vote If he doesnt keep the traditional scheme which is WAAAY more stylie than than the flame job as I see it is scallops instead o flames... The neat panel paint and stripes are making a huge comeback in rodding circles anyway and his choice of colors are amazing I do not know if those are factory but they are pure cool none the less. Multi colors on the classic COE... defines a line that flames just cant do in my not so humble opinion. Perfect cube to paint the hell outta

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
i vote rehuck it and call it a day.... my buddy Mike who took those pics, said your gramps is a heluva guy... and always talks to him when he see's him on the 5

monster truck

He told me but I cant remember the name of the company who originally owned it but that was the paint scheme of the whole fleet and thats how they came from the factory, im 90% sure he'll keep these colors. Gramps went to L.A. on monday and should be on his way back now. I'll stop by tomarrow night and mention how good the current scheme looks.... and score some dinner in the process!

Jdigger4130

Thatd be a killer line up shot to see. I wonder if there were any 359s like this? Copy that on the dinner score too...SAVVY PLAY

monster truck

Might as well throw in a pic while im at it, heres another one of my grandma's
93 pete...

Attachments

• good1.jpg
    good1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,601

monster truck

These are from the big car show in pebble beach a few weeks ago. Me and my buddy quickly realized that the real show was in the hauler parking lot! The last one is what I took down there and back

Attachments

• good2.jpg
    good2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,596
  • good3.jpg
    good3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,589
  • good4.jpg
    good4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,574
  • good5.jpg
    good5.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,591

Jdigger4130

I wanna be rich so bad... The first pic has A 900L that looks cool for modern truck and Im diggin the horse puller pete. Best ol skool winnie award fer sure. I am sure I woulda pooed seeing the cars but I agree the transporters always interest me more as well. well except a concourse like Pebble Beach. They have rolling sculpture not cars. Truly best exanples of metal and function one will see in the world... the very best

monster truck

Yeah that show absolutely has the cream of the crop, it was crazy to me to see cars rolling across the auction block and going for well over a million dollars! Thanks to some vip credentials it made for an awsome way to spend the weekend, those people definatelly live a little different lifestyle! Oh yeah, the cab over campers hauls around an amazing shelby mustang!

Jdigger4130

Isnt it crazy. My friend is in the movie biz over in Emeryville and is basically my cool guru and turned me on to real cars. When Pixar was making Cars they sent him all over the world to the most amazing collections of ALL things relating to internal combustion. I am laughing my ass off that the guy literally has a horse type trailer for pony cars. PROPS!!!! I am A member at the Hays/Heidrick truck and ag museum and they have some pretty neat stuff as well. Something that may interest ya is one of the first petes sittin next to a faegol that for me has a lot of historical interest being a cali company and A Peterbilt. Yer grams 379 is a looker as well. I am liking the grill treatment. Looking at things that are over a cool million that serve no function except vanity... I dont get it but I sure as hell would rather have this stuff than paintings or vases. I can just look at em fer days

Jdigger4130

Im an idgit!!! I was lookin at the winnie and thought the trailer was a horse trailer modified.. My bad. Whatevs though the combo says Bad MFer all over it

monster truck

Here's my weekend ride parked in my barn, gotta love having a "garage" big enough to park your truck in! 550 cat (turned up, 550 to the ground, big difference) 18 speed, 14k front 46k rears on air ride with 16' high side reliance boxes

Attachments

• good6.jpg
    good6.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,590

Jdigger4130

If that is what you were rollin like a year ago I met you!!! In Fairfax at ACE hardware. I asked about yer truck and you said yer boy owned the outfit.

monster truck

No that wouldnt have been me, my buddies dad owns the company, also happens to be my neighbor, and i'll only drive if they need a hand on the weekend

Jdigger4130

oh never mind then. I met the dad, He told me in talkin that Reliance went under that wknd and he wouldnt own one again!! He told me about Rouge being better guys to do biz w and I met yer homie too. He got the skin kit w all the lights on his. I must have just met another fill in guy as he said the same thing..helps out in when needed. Do you know if the Den Beste in S. Rosa is the same fam??? They haul dirty dirt and weld/rent water tanks??

Jdigger4130

Copy, both outfits look like first class operations. I am considering A ride to Dutra materials to see about gettin on w them. My job is great and all but not enough equipment... I wanna be around this stuff and there will always be a need fer materials so I am gonna peep it and see what happens. All my trucker friends think I would be nuts to walk away from my current gig but its kinda boring now and I work w idiots. i need to be around trucks or iron and frankly the people who do that type o work... Sissies suck

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Speaking of Den Beste here is my friend Ken's Dirty dirt wagon... he hauls for Den Beste out of Fortuna CA.

Attachments

• nor-cal3.jpg
    nor-cal3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,702
  • nor-cal5.jpg
    nor-cal5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,712
  • nor-cal2.jpg
    nor-cal2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,712
  • nor-cal1.jpg
    nor-cal1.jpg