• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Todays tip: how NOT to move equipment

fast1buzz

Occupation
Retired Heavy Haul Company owner
Nah. Just pull the Johnny bar back into your lap 'till the wagon she's a smokin' like a shot down fighter plane. Saves the truck brakes that way.
Did that going west on I70 coming off Vail Pass jakes failed bad idea still didn't get it shut down for another 20 miles was grossing 135,000 lbs. Hard to stop to begin with. At least I was blessed with little traffic and no major curves! The last tractor and trailer I speced out and purchased before I retired had disc brakes. They cost an additional 20 grand per axle, 4 axle tractor 2 axle trailer with 2 axle booster, that 160 thou extra but well worth it if you run the high country. They never give up nomatter what you do.

Last edited:
Reactions: DB2