• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Truck Shop

one of my biggest pet peeves
People who put the letter G in
Cummins. Its not cummings

Its CUMMINS.

carry on.
I'm glad you pointed that out-used in a previous post {Cummings}.
Now I was going to step on that but decided not to, I cause enough people around here to frown
as it is, if I had done that I might have gotten one like reply, but because your new you gained
a total of 6 likes. :)

Truck Shop

Lowbed or lowboy, What about a highbed, track hoe or excavator, excavator could just be a guy
with a shovel.
But really it's all about abbreviations and knowing what each represent, the language has become
so butchered/abbreviated---one thing is for sure though people like using abbreviations-they think
it sounds smart and moves them to hot sh!t status because they're in the know group.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I remember getting "crap" from a cousin in Minnesota back in the early 1960's when I was all of 11 or 12 years old when I pronounced my fathers sister's relationship to me as "my ant" cousin insisted I say Aunt!

As to the Cummins/Cummings thing for several years the salesman/delivery guy from the injection repair shop we sent our Cummins pumps to had the last name of Cummings. So we sent our Cummins stuff to Cummings to get it rebuilt!