• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Vetech63

Yesterday I had a joystick handle replacement to do on a Deere loader. I opened the box and WAHHHLAAAA.......
524K handle.jpg
My very first thought was "Those lazy M&*^r F%&*ers." I even texted our resident Deere God and asked if this was a new thing or a mistake. Keep in mind I haven't removed the old one yet...........It looks pretty straight forward and simple but............you have to remove multiple panels, unbolt the joystick bracket, lay the entire thing in the cab floor, and finish the disassembly from there. Then, on this machine, the steering wheel is pulled as close to the seat as it can possibly go and is LOCKED right there..........so I hit the back of my head on that wheel so many times I lost count. The good news is I saw why this is sold like this...........you have to thread the wire harness through a hole in the joystick base plate and there is NO room for the plug. This took 2 hours to accomplish............another fine example of "Why did it take so long to do something so simple?"
So, I DONT get to complain about lazy manufacturers or parts guys dammit LOL..........OH WAIT.............my UPS next day air I ordered Friday that was supposed to be here yesterday morning didn't show up and the dealer had no tracking number. OMG THOSE FREAKING PARTS GUYS!!!:rolleyes: AHHHH.........now I feel much better!

Clinton Justice

I am reading this thread and trying with all my might to not let my very British sarcasm runaway with me, so instead I'll let an amazing comedian do it for me
That’s funny as hell!!! The sad part is it’s true I’m not only American but even in America I am from the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern US we are considered Hillbillies. To make it even worse I am a redneck that’s a hillbilly that doesn’t care to be an outsider. You would really enjoy listening to rednecks talking to each other. We have dumbed things down so much that we can’t hardly communicate with other Americans. I was born and raised in what we call the head of a holler.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That’s funny as hell!!! The sad part is it’s true I’m not only American but even in America I am from the Appalachian Mountains in the eastern US we are considered Hillbillies. To make it even worse I am a redneck that’s a hillbilly that doesn’t care to be an outsider. You would really enjoy listening to rednecks talking to each other. We have dumbed things down so much that we can’t hardly communicate with other Americans. I was born and raised in what we call the head of a holler.
Buford T wasn’t a cousin of yours by any chance was he.?

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
Believe me it's no different here, what most of the world believes is the Queens English is hardly spoken here, the variance in dialect in such a small country is amazing to most and we have our own "hillybilly/redneck"

scholzee

I don't how that could be accomplished. Those guys are good.
Lead free America switched from copper brass radiator's with lead solder to crimp plastic with O-rings and aluminum core . Heat cycles, pressure cycles and using that plastic as mounting support always going to shorten its useful life span