• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This will be an interesting thread moving forward......

Vetech63

I went back to the scene of the crime today and used my extensive forensic abilities to look for wheel studs and nuts. I found 1 and that was it........
wheel stud.jpg
The nuts definitely came loose. The dealer as of now is covering everything including my $600 wrecker bill, the truck repair, and the other victims truck repair. Just as it should be in this case.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I went back to the scene of the crime today and used my extensive forensic abilities to look for wheel studs and nuts. I found 1 and that was it........
View attachment 308252
The nuts definitely came loose. The dealer as of now is covering everything including my $600 wrecker bill, the truck repair, and the other victims truck repair. Just as it should be in this case.
How long do you suppose you were riding with one stud?

Welder Dave

How are the studs held in place? Most I've seen are similar to bolts and pressed in tight in fine splined holes. Some are threaded in though. Wondering if the nuts were tight but the studs weren't installed properly and came loose after driving a bit?

Vetech63

The company made a hiring proposal to the possible new hire last week..............he passed LOL. They wasted a month coaxing this guy, no other applicants but they will keep trying. Just like I expected......there is NO ONE to hire under the current circumstances. I believe my value just shot through the roof;):p

Monkeywithawrench

Needs updates. Missing my drama fix.
Vtech is busy posting over on this thread.........no time for the thread he started!! :D