• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thin walled tubing wrenches for hydraulics?

barrelroll

Occupation
Mill Mechanic
Haha, MSHA, gotta love em. When a miner told the inspector "you can't fix stupid" the inspector responded with "it's my job to fix stupid". You aren't allowed to announce MSHA is on site over the radio though we did have a dispatcher call a truck driver and tell him to pull into the lube bay so MSHA could look at his truck, that was a nice heads up.

I'm pretty sure MSHA gets a kick back from the expanded metal industry with the amount of guarding required by their inspections.

Where I'm at we have personal tools and they leave our boxes and bags alone. I've never had an inspector ask to go through my tool bag or look in my box or locker. I think it helps I'm at a remote camp based property and we usually get 2 inspectors for 2 days. The usually spend about 3 minutes in our shop which is fine with me. The last mine was an hour form a major city and we'd get 2-5 inspectors for a week + per quarter which was brutal.