• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The ultimate Waste handler or compactor

pachhh34

I would like to hear some ideas about the ideal waste handler or landfill compactir and why would you choose that. Would you use a LGP dozer with no WH blade and why? The idea is to hear something different than Cat. In particular to hear opinion about Dressta , Liebherr or even Case and Shantui that do not have WH model.

Thanks

Cmark

It's all about compaction. If you're serious about economically running a landfill you wouldn't even consider anything other than a dedicated landfill compactor.

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
Dozers are made for lower ground pressure . A landfill compactor by name is made for high ground pressure thus the compaction

Delmer

The steel sheepsfoot wheels are designed for high ground pressure on the feet, without sinking below the surface and getting stuck.

Vetech63

The old Bomag K351's were great machines in their day. I haven't been around any of them in 20 + years.....you know......since I'm always too busy when a landfill calls.;)

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
I would like to hear some ideas about the ideal waste handler or landfill compactir and why would you choose that. Would you use a LGP dozer with no WH blade and why? The idea is to hear something different than Cat. In particular to hear opinion about Dressta , Liebherr or even Case and Shantui that do not have WH model.

Thanks
LGP defeats the purpose , fella I know was using an early model D7E and was having trouble with the strong plastic rapping tape in his seals . The dozer stank when I saw it and he mentioned it was not pleasant to work on .

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Landfill machines are never pleasant in any sense of the word to work on or otherwise. If it isn't garbage stuck in everything that may have hazards like needles and bio material, it's the bird waste that covers everything. When working on or inspecting landfill machines hard hats and rubber suits are a must because you can wash the bird dung off with a fire hose when you leave the site.

pachhh34

So let's say the landfill receives 150 tons of material a day. From which mainly wood (10 tons ) , matrices ( 2 tons ) , building materials (50 tons) , tiles , asphalt (30 tons) , waste from demolished houses (30 tons) . The landfill to me does not look like it needs high ground pressure compactor but a waste handler like Dressta TD15 LA , D85PX-18 but has no WH blade , a D6T WH looks like quite a good solution too. Also even thought if 20 tons machine is quite a lot for 150 tons a day.

Attachments

• 28309015_10215162962852664_1084688881_n.jpg
    28309015_10215162962852664_1084688881_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 31

pachhh34

Last thought is about the current dozer used is e 3m3 straight blade Shantui sd22 which is far from suitable for a landfill and much less productive as you could have used TD15 LA with a 12m3 WH blade.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
You are talking about a C and D site. We use a D7G in ours. They dump a large area full, tramp it with the 7, put a small amount of sandstone, which is available on site, over top of the tramped material. Just enough to be able to back the trucks on top again. I should mention that the 7 also shoves the dumped material together, and up before it is tramped on top. The site is owned by Waste Management, and maintained by us. The 7 only tends to the site once a week, as it is a large area. A couple of hours can clean up what has been dumped, unless placing the sandstone, and even then it only takes an extra hour with a couple trucks