• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The one man show to grow

Fastdirt

I just barely got the dirt pile out of the dig and behind the forms but my plan paid off. I was hoping to not move the dirt twice and until I was finished. I got on the pile at sunset and pulled the dirt back away. Hottest day of the year so far and a little sunburned.

20150508_193420.jpg

20150508_193445.jpg

20150508_200903.jpg

The driver swung the boom and moved forward and reverse over and over and laid all 9 yds. right where it needed to be. We didn't have to pull or shovel hardly any. I am not a concrete finisher. I have tried it a few times and I don't have the experience. It was for my brother and neighbors helped. If we needed precision I'd make a request for that to a builder but no need here.
20150509_092601.jpg

20150509_093925.jpg

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
I drove redimix trucks in my youth and it does take some skills, of course back then the work was always behind us, in the mirrors. That would be just to easy.

JDOFMEMI

Those front discharge trucks are great. Once a person has worked with one, he will wonder why the rear discharge are still in existence.

TrentNz

Jeeze you must of been haulin ass to get that 3000sq ft done in one day! Real tidy job too. Do you still have your instagram? I havent seen you post in a while

Landclearer

You did real good to get the 3000 sq footer done in a day. You were moving some dirt. Turned out great as well.

I guess you can look on the bright side, your air line broke in a neighborhood and not on the interstate. Stuff like that is just a pain.

A good concrete truck driver can save a ton of work. Like JDOFMEMI said, I am not sure why rear discharge trucks still exist.

nedly05

Here she is Brian. Not real fancy, but she does the job. Great visibility and maneuverablity. Id like the convert the steers to hub pilot, and get some nice aluminum rims with a wider tire. Everything in time.

Attachments

• photo(6).JPG
    photo(6).JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,285

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's a nice looking L9000 Nedly, congrats.

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
Nedly that is an awesome little truck that is exactly what i am looking for currently

Fastdirt

Here she is Brian. Not real fancy, but she does the job. Great visibility and maneuverablity. Id like the convert the steers to hub pilot, and get some nice aluminum rims with a wider tire. Everything in time.

Hey man, nice find. Looks like it will get it done. Yeah, everything in time. Tough trucks I'll say. My whole dash, doors and everything is solid and still tight. Good trucks....

nedly05

Im super happy with her, shes been working steady since the day I brought her home and she hasnt missed a beat!

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Nedley, nice truck. Fast that concrete sure looks familiar : )

I was shocked to see the deck of your trailer. Seems like everthing you keep is in tip top shape.

About ten years ago I had a tressured hk91 that I wanted a carry handle on. When I slid it on it ruined the finish. Then I got a new truck and it was wrecked twice not being my fault. Then the truck got creamed loading the case skid steer on a hill. I have completely changed from who I was. I don't wash my trucks, but I do keep the mud blown off the machine since it is corrosive . I don't like to buy many things new, guns excluded. I like new barrels. But all the rest of the stuff just seems to get banged up working so I have just given up. One day I will be one of those old guys that you know are tuff, but you grew up wondering why he has holes in his pants and drives a beater. I am beginning to understand those guys now.

At this point I don't like even getting in a clean truck because I normally am too dirty and have to worry about messing it up. My family said to me, how can you go out like that, I bet the restaurants hate to see you coming. They have a point cause most of the time concrete or mud is stuck to my boots!

Last edited:

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
those blue t880 quad axles are blue max in charlotte they bought something like 60 in 2014 and about 40 so far this year they have all but totaled a couple all ready. run into the back of each other pushing engine and transmission out they are around $185,000.00 plus F.E.T allision automatics paccar engines but they set to low for my taste I measured the cross member on the front lift axle only8" off the ground.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
:agree:update he did just get hitched may be still in the honeymoon phase :beatsme

Fastdirt

Well I have been on a mission to finish my truck. I have been spending every single waking second outside of work on this. I've been leaving my guys on the job here and there so I can head back to the project but only a couple times lately. Just ready to be done with it.

My days usually start at 6 a.m. about the time I'll hear the Cummins start up in the driveway... Then usually a one to two hour drive. When I get to the job I start the machine on the trailer then I'll shut the truck off. Then it's usually 7 to 10 hours on site. Then start the truck when finished. Load the machine up and shut it off. Then drive the usually miserable ride home. Pull in the gravel driveway at home 12 hours later and kill it after a few minutes. Finally peace and quiet. Sometimes I just sit there for a second and soak up the peace and quiet. It's brutal out there in this heat on the shovel in the sun. I don't even close my cab or run the A/C. I do have a factory fan that stays on me. There is too much ground work for me to just shut the doors and watch the guys sweat their hearts out. Anyway just a thought I had recently about diesel burning and engine noise the entire day till I get home.

Zzzz....Zzzzz... waiting on dirt all day.
20150513_133827.jpg

I figured my guys could remove the track adjuster. When I got back they removed the front idler from the carrier. I couldn't for the life of me get the bolts to go back in. Sad thing is you don't even have to separate the two pieces to change the adjuster piston. My old one was pretty eroded and wouldn't hold any more.
20150514_175140.jpg

It's back together and hopefully I'll never need to separate.
20150514_184254.jpg

While he was there
20150516_082959.jpg

20150516_083008.jpg

Fastdirt

I keep ending up digging pools for the owners of grading companies and one guy said it seems they buy a new machine every week and hire on another guy. Another owner shows me a pic on his phone of three brand new D6N's side by side they just got. That company strips and fills and does all the landfill grading for all the landfills around here and out of state... Then just Friday I'm sitting in the middle of a 400 acre paradise. One of eight farms they own that size. That place belonged to one of the biggest bridge and highway builders in the state. The week before I was digging for yet another business owner. He owns one of the biggest companies around for connecting water/sewer service lines. Interesting for me anyway to meet these people and see their riches. They've already forgot about me but it's motivating for me.

These two Bobcats teamed up on me but I kept them going while digging and laying it all out at the same
20150521_131148.jpg
Couldn't squeeze the 312 into the backyard so we rented a JD 75... that thing was like 7'6" wide. We had 2" clearance.
20150618_095331.jpg
This guy's company has so many pieces of big equipment I bet nobody even missed these pieces.
20150707_092020.jpg
400 acres of paradise on the surface...nothing but rock out there. This one was tough. Brand new 963D just sitting there with paint still in the bucket.
20150709_094805.jpg

20150709_142203.jpg

Fastdirt

Hey Georgia Iron, was that you?? But I hear you on that last post about staying dirty and going to Frontera still in your work clothes. It's also funny as you mature you quit worrying about how others see you. I know that trailer needs some love. I'm going to re paint that trailer and put the decal kit on get the DOT tape right and I'll get the boards right. After painting it the first time I was rushed and instead of putting the minimal DOT tape on it I just wrapped the whole thing at about 6 a.m. one morning just to get on the road. I've been kicking myself ever since.

I'm still updating this thread clint, sawdus. I've just been buried with this truck project. I do have instagram I just made a couple changes. I'm just not into the social crap. It's a lot of deceit on there but when the 312 king and letsdig start calling each other heroes and all that it's a too much... :beatsme

movindirt

I'm just not into the social crap. It's a lot of deceit on there but when the 312 king and letsdig start calling each other heroes and all that it's a too much... :beatsme

Yeah, it seems like out of the 300 some people I am following there are about 6 accounts with alot of followers, and it seems like all the do is talk about each other, gets pretty annoying after a while :pointhead I always enjoyed seeing you pictures, could you pm me your new username?