• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The "not so heavy equipment" photo thread

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Nice let us know how you like it. I have a Case 450 and keep thinking about trading for a TV 380 Case or the SVL 90 Kubota. I've been pretty rough on my old Case and have had very few issues. We have a great Kubota dealer here and I already have a M9960 so kinda lean towards the Kubota. Around here we see more Kubotas than anything else.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I don't know how to multi-quote, so I'll just say that the Case is history and I'm happy to be moving on. That thing was like a blind date with Lorena Bobbitt. :eek:

Ran out of time today, but I'll have more info and pics of the new SVL90-2 after I pick it up tomorrow.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I don't know how to multi-quote, so I'll just say that the Case is history and I'm happy to be moving on. That thing was like a blind date with Lorena Bobbitt. :eek:

Ran out of time today, but I'll have more info and pics of the new SVL90-2 after I pick it up tomorrow.

I can hire a priest to do a "pre delivery" exorcism for you just to be on the safe side. I ll do it on my own nickel too .....
Congrats on the New machine and I wish you the very best of luck with it in the most sincerest way my friend !

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I don't know how to multi-quote, so I'll just say that the Case is history and I'm happy to be moving on.

Click the little icon to the right of "Reply with Quote". Click all the posts you want to quote and on the last one hit "Reply with Quote". All the posts you've checked will be quoted.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Click the little icon to the right of "Reply with Quote". Click all the posts you want to quote and on the last one hit "Reply with Quote". All the posts you've checked will be quoted.

That one is easy to miss! It's the one circled in red below:

quote.png

And if you want to just quote part of a long message you can highlight and then delete the stuff you don't want to make it easier to know what you are referring to in your message. Just make sure you leave any thing inside the brackets[ xxxxx ].

Last edited:

JNB

Occupation
I can hire a priest to do a "pre delivery" exorcism for you just to be on the safe side. I ll do it on my own nickel too .....
Congrats on the New machine and I wish you the very best of luck with it in the most sincerest way my friend !

Ha! Now that would have gotten some attention at the dealership. :D

Thanks CM, got it.

That one is easy to miss! It's the one circled in red below:

Well yeah...it's easy when you know how. :D Thanks for the assistance!

JNB

Occupation
It's official now, I picked up the new machine this morning and I put a few hours on it.
SVL01.jpg SVL03.jpg SVL06.jpg

This was the last SVL90-2 around this area in the system. No high flow, which is just fine with me. I haven't needed it in three years or so. I would've liked to have it for resale, but not enough to go with an unfamiliar dealer to get it or pay the extra $8k for a first-year SVL95.

pafarmer

Occupation
That is one beutiful machine JNB ! Congrats ! If anyone in this world desires a brand new machines, it would be you. Now get to work , no time for forums anymore, you have payments to make......ha ha

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Nothing like putting a new machine to work for the first time. I'm with you JNB, I steer away from first year production models. Add a $8K increase and it's a no brainer.

I hope it serves you well.

dirty4fun

I got and Svl 90 last summer really like the machine. It was the last one the dealer had that doesn't use DEF. One less thing to worry about, it is a dirt moving son of a gun. Seems to pick up a pretty heavy load and handle it well.

JNB

Occupation
that's a sweet machine. id like to get one in the next couple of years. congrats
Thanks, I think it's pretty sweet too. It was either this machine or a Tak, but I already had a great relationship with the Kubota dealer. It made my decision pretty simple.

That is one beutiful machine JNB ! Congrats ! If anyone in this world desires a brand new machines, it would be you. Now get to work , no time for forums anymore, you have payments to make......ha ha
Thanks buddy! Yeah, I may have to go after jobs further than twenty minutes from the house now. :D

Nothing like putting a new machine to work for the first time. I'm with you JNB, I steer away from first year production models. Add a $8K increase and it's a no brainer.

I hope it serves you well.
Thanks CM! I've been burned twice with first year models in the past. I have a pretty thick skull, but I eventually learned from those negative experiences and won't let it happen again.

Congrats. I think you will like it! I wish you the best of luck with it as well!
Thanks LC! You know I've been wanting one for awhile.

I got and Svl 90 last summer really like the machine. It was the last one the dealer had that doesn't use DEF. One less thing to worry about, it is a dirt moving son of a gun. Seems to pick up a pretty heavy load and handle it well.
The additional weight handling over my Case was one of the draws. I mostly move dirt, but also set quite a few precast culvert safety ends. The Case was sketchy with the 18" 6:1's on anything but flat ground. I've rented the SVL90 in the past to set the 24" ends and it handles them easily.

JNB

Occupation
IMG_1344.jpg
Here's the second time in the last month I had to take the flatbed to the shop. Actually the day after I picked it up from the first time. The first time it had a no start when warm and limp mode / shut down because of a faulty fuel control actuator...or so we thought. First day back, hooked it up to the trailer/machine and it didn't make it to the job before it went into limp mode and shut off again. Got it started and it blew an injector and filled the crankcase full of fuel. :rolleyes:

So yesterday it's "fixed", and the guy waits for me at the shop after closing so I can pick it up. I make it less than 5 miles and the limp mode / shut down deal starts all over again. Of course the shop is closed and everyone has gone home. I finally got it started and limped it back to the shop. The shop is reputed to be one of the best Cummins shops in Texas and now it's back there for the third time. I'm steamed to say the least.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Iron Planet has auctions every week, I'd put that Dodge in the line up. There is nothing more frustrating that having a truck or piece of equipment that you can't depend on. Bobcat comes to my mind.:cool:

pafarmer

Occupation
View attachment 154280
Here's the second time in the last month I had to take the flatbed to the shop. Actually the day after I picked it up from the first time. The first time it had a no start when warm and limp mode / shut down because of a faulty fuel control actuator...or so we thought. First day back, hooked it up to the trailer/machine and it didn't make it to the job before it went into limp mode and shut off again. Got it started and it blew an injector and filled the crankcase full of fuel. :rolleyes:

So yesterday it's "fixed", and the guy waits for me at the shop after closing so I can pick it up. I make it less than 5 miles and the limp mode / shut down deal starts all over again. Of course the shop is closed and everyone has gone home. I finally got it started and limped it back to the shop. The shop is reputed to be one of the best Cummins shops in Texas and now it's back there for the third time. I'm steamed to say the least.

Wait a second here, I must have been livin under a rock or something....When did "CASE" start building trucks ? He he he.. Couldn't resist JNB... Man you have some poor luck. Time to send it down the road before it nickels and dimes you to death...I have been running the Duramax/Allison equipped trucks the last few years with very good luck but that's me and I know just as well as the next guy that no matter who makes it, they all have the strong and weak points....good luck my friend. Maybe third times a charm.

Last edited:

JNB

Occupation
Yeah, it's kinda weird...It's my first Dodge and I fully expected the truck to fall apart around the Cummins. Seems it's going the other way around. I was always a Ford guy, but they put out such junk for so many years following the 7.3 that I just don't know now.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Which diesel repair shop are you using? Just curious, since I am just down the road a few miles from you.

JNB

Occupation
It's Texas Diesel Power in Weatherford. I was originally going to take it to some guys in Lewisville, but the freeway work makes anything in town a mess. A few Saturdays ago it took me over an hour to go from the Krum area to Bill Utter for parts.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Yes, I have heard that place in Weatherford is pretty good, as is the one in Lewisville.
Have you tried Delka's Repair here in Denton? Lyle Delka has always done a good job for me. I have used his shop on several diesel pickups, Bobcat loader, and Cat equipment repairs. His shop is east of town on Collins Road, just off Fishtrap Rd. The place is always busy, and full of diesel pickups.
Jeff