• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The "not so heavy equipment" photo thread

Browning.270

Very nice grading work!! Im also a sucker for nice clean gravel lines..also hope you dont get flooded out and prayers for those who do

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Thanks guys.

Got a culvert installed last week in between rain showers. Crossing my fingers that I can finally get out tomorrow to get at least one day in this week.
Bass01.jpg Bass02.jpg Bass03.jpg

With landowners getting older, quite a bit of grazing land is being sold in 10-20 (or more) acre lots everywhere around here. I'll never understand the kids not wanting to continue the tradition. My dad was a postman. I would have been thrilled if he had owned a nice chunk of property that I could take over.
Bass04.jpg

The backfill came from one of the drainage terraces. With no cross fences and cattle still grazing, I chose to dump it over the fence instead of cutting and splicing it back together.
Bass05.jpg

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Nice work JNB...Looks great man ! .I took over my farm from family. They were dairymen their whole lives, we live on what is referred too as a century farm, passed down through the years and held within the same family name for more than a century. I own and actively farm over 1000 acres....would not give that amount of land up for anything...I don't have to worry about an unruly neighbor either since I am the neighborhood and then some....keep up the good work my friend and stay dry down there...

JNB

Occupation
Good man PA! I love to hear those stories. Up until high school I lived in Iowa and stayed out at my uncle's farm every chance I got. He was my favorite uncle and in my young mind he was the coolest guy alive. My two cousins worked the place with their dad, and I guess I took it for granted that they would take it over when he couldn't. One became an architect and the other a teacher. Nothing wrong with that, but I always thought that they bailed on him. A few years later, my uncle ended up (reluctantly) selling to a co-op and moving to town. He didn't last long after that. It's like the party was over so might as well turn out the lights.

RBMcCloskey

Occupation
Heavy Construction Contractor
You got a good laugh out of me and the wife with that one CM! :D

The truck and pup combo is legal here at 23-24 tons depending on the rig. Here's a nice easy job from today replacing a crushed culvert pipe. The pup has already dumped and the truck is dumping over the tongue. It's not the most efficient way to dump, but we don't have too many tri's or quad's around here. It's better than laying 24 tons out of an end dump all in the street and 10-wheeler loads are expensive.
View attachment 152206 View attachment 152207 View attachment 152208 View attachment 152209

Are bottom dump trailers used in your area?

JNB

Occupation
Yes, my hauler has bottom dumps and I do use them on longer roadways or parking lots. The biggest problem here are the narrow country roads with deep bar ditches on either side. That makes access pretty tough a majority of the time. I built a long driveway winding through the trees a couple years ago and had bottom dumps, end dumps and truck and pup combos running all at the same time. Forty five loads spread in three days with my tractor. With no exit available at the other end and placing over geo, it was a bit hectic. I thought I had some better photos but I was a little busy at the time. This one will have to suffice. :D
BR 46.jpg

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
JNB, I noticed in some of the photos you installed what looked like precast cattle guard benches. If so can you say were you got them?
Looks like you do good work. I'm in NE TX also. It's hard to find folks that do really good work, I bet you stay plenty busy.

JNB

Occupation
The landowner already had them, but I'm pretty sure that they got the guards and precast pieces from these guys http://www.unitliner.com/cattle_guards.html. If I were to install another one I'd elongate the holes so there would be adjustment in both directions. As they come there's only adjustments one way.

JNB

Occupation
Until it's on my trailer it didn't happen... ;)

02Dmax

Great thread JNB. Love seeing guys take pride in what they do. I'd rather have one of your gravel drives than some of the concrete ones I've seen! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PopArcher

Thanks for sharing JNB, I am a new skid steer owner and learning everyday what can be done with them...your shared work really helps me understand what I could be doing, But... I need to increase my seat time. :notworthy

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
You got yourself a new machine JNB ? So Happy to hear you finally were able to move away from the nightmare that was
The CASE.....great thread my friend...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Congrats JNB! Did you get all three?:D

Welcome to the Forums Pop Archer!:drinkup