• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The JLG 40F Boom Lift Dilemma

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You need to get three posts in to drop the Probationary status terasque, then you can send me a Private Message with your email address, I can then forward some better drawings to you via email.

terasque

That would be much appreciated. Its frustrating having the book and the drawings are as bad as they are. My gut is telling me to replace the cables and rewire the boxes, but i don't want to spend that amount of time and money of this farmer that i am doing this for.

MrKomatsu

Just sayin ...h/e hylift ask for gayle harvey...
281-821-4600...supplied me with many drawings and such for
my ole units....h-town....texas....take care

lrberg

Anyone know what the weight is on a 1980 jlg 40f lift is? I need to haul one a decent distance but didn't know which trailer to use in comparison to the weight of the machine.

Thanks.

lrberg

Thanks... I haven't read through this entire thread. Do you know any place to get the manuals (service, repair, parts, etc.) on the 40F? Seems difficult to find much information on these machines anymore.

Thanks again for all of your help!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You need to get three posts in to lose the probationary status. Then you can send me a Private Message with your email address, I can send you some info.

kenmiller

Willie59,
Would you please email me your parts manual for the 40f.

Thanks!
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sure, I'll get to work on it, let me know when you receive them. Should be 3 parts PDF files and 2 service PDF. BTW, would you like for me to remove your email address from this thread so it's not in public view?

Welcome to HEF Ken. :)

kenmiller

The fork which holds the Rotary oil coupling broke and after repairing it is bent and will likely break again. All the hydraulics seem to be working fine. Any thoughts to what is causing this?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's kind of odd Ken. Excessively worn slew ring bearing could put abnormal stress on rotary coupling brace. Aside from that, would almost have to be rotary coupling is too stiff to turn. If that's the case, would require removal and disassembly of rotary coupling.

kenmiller

That's been my thoughts, "kind of odd". I hope I can get my work done before I am forced to disassemble it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and yes you can remove my email address.
That's kind of odd Ken. Excessively worn slew ring bearing could put abnormal stress on rotary coupling brace. Aside from that, would almost have to be rotary coupling is too stiff to turn. If that's the case, would require removal and disassembly of rotary coupling.

jimmy7

hey willie59

I'm wondering if you could send me the manuals for a JLG Model 40F as well. I've looked everywhere for a manual to help me re-assemble my boom and found nothing :(

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
hey willie59

I'm wondering if you could send me the manuals for a JLG Model 40F as well. I've looked everywhere for a manual to help me re-assemble my boom and found nothing :(

Welcome to HEF jimmy7. You need to get three posts in to change your member status, then you can send me a Private Message with your email address, I can then fwd the parts manuals to you. :)