• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The "C" I'm working on!

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
I took the old housing, fiberglassed all the holes, sanded it and gave it a coat of paint. Dash panel and lid are made from an old fiberglass sign I had laying around. I elected to go with conventional indicator lights, one for oil press and one for alt fail.

10ec

Occupation
Retired
580C Electrical

Good looking and very clean. I also like the access lid. I am trying to use original gauges but may have been wiser to go in your direction. I'm finished with the wiring on my 580C but don't plan on energizing anything until I have the fluids/filters replaced, the brakes fully functional, and floor and seat back together. With the mounting cost, it may not happen until summer......

GWS

Really nice work on the dash! I put my dash together for now but I am going to do what you did on the next round. Love the lid and layout.

OldandWorn

The dash and wiring....very professional indeed! All of my gauges and every piece of glass (lights) were busted out by vandals sometime in its past life. :mad:

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
OldandWorn, I still have the front cover intact if you want it, I'll be glad to mail it to you. The plastic is foggy, but I see where folks on here have figured out how to clear it up.

OldandWorn

OldandWorn, I still have the front cover intact if you want it, I'll be glad to mail it to you. The plastic is foggy, but I see where folks on here have figured out how to clear it up.

Thank you for the generous offer. However, my machine is a Deere.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
batterybox.jpgfloor pan 1.jpghinges.jpgsolenoid fix.jpg

A couple more pix. As you can see, this is a typical Florida set out in the weather piece of equipment. Battery box is rblt, new floor pan, and new batery box hinges. Much easier to put them on the outside.

All the wiring is done except running 2 wires up to RTD u-switch. Soaking the mounting bolt in Kroil, try again tomorrow, got rained out today. The shuttle cutout ckt works, I can hear and feel the solenoid pick when the engines not running. Up on the outriggers, the solenoid picks, but the wheels keep spinning. I would imagine that the weight of the machine on the ground will take care of that. Also I can't stop wheel rotation with the brakes when it's up. Any ideas?

GWS

Looks like you will be digging in no time! What did you use for your floor cut out switch? I am considering a starter button switch with a rubber boot but not sure how long it would last. Have you set up the brake cut out switch yet? I need to get mine hooked up and was wondering how you did yours.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Nice work. :)

I'd be slobbering red oxide primer on that steel. Not the spray can, the stuff that comes in a gallon can. ;)

clunan1

Nice work OldMan! I have the same Case to go through, so please update with as many pics as possible. Nice work!

2stickbill

Occupation
Sniffin diesel fumes.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
RTD 1.jpgRTD 2.jpgRTD 3.jpgRTD 3.jpgRTD 4.jpg

I had promised to send these to GWS, but can't figure out how to attach pix to a PM, so everybody will have to suffer through them.

GWS

TheOldMan;I had promised to send these to GWS said:
Thanks for the pics. If I can't locate the parts, I think I can fabricate them. May have to do a little reading to figure out how it works though.