• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Adventures of a Boom Truck Driver

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Draftsman/Boom Truck Driver
I was thinking I would just keep adding to this thread of all my daily adventures working @ the lumberyard driving my boom truck. Always different sh*t to haul around for customers.

Shingle job yesterday

Camanche Boom 9-7-16 #2.jpgCamanche Boom 9-7-16.jpg

Easy pickin' right after lunch

Beswick, Hardie Board, 9-7-16.jpgBeswick, Hardie Board, 9-7-16 #2.jpg

All nice & neat

Beswick Hardie Board 9-7-16 #3.jpg

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Monday 9/12/16 Not do much happening.......ground drop a LOAD of shingles for a church here in town. Yes I know, I was really heavy, but it was only 2 blocks away.

2nd Reformed Church, Fulton, IL 9-12-16.jpg2nd Reformed Church, Fulton, IL 9-12-16 #2.jpg

This was my load that I didn't get till 3pm. So by the time I pulled it & loaded, it was 4. Got to the job site @ 4:30 and grabbed the first piece of rock @ 4:45. It was a kinda late night. 125 - 54"x12'x1/2", 80 - 4'x12'x5/8", & 30 - 4'x8'x1/2" MR. Not the biggest load, but still enough.

Please excuse my filthy truck :mad: It's been a long couple with lots of rain, muddy job sites & some gravel roads

Zarenger House 9-12-16 #2.jpgZarenger House 9-12-16 #3.jpgZarenger House 9-12-16.jpg

redneckchevy9

Occupation
Another ho-hum day on this Friday. Been busy @ my desk trying to catch up on some houses I've been drawing up. Had 2 easy booms today.

Beckwith Lake House, Chadwick, 9-13-16.jpg
Fahr, Morrison, Cedar Fence, 9-16-16 #2.jpg
Fahr, Morrison, Cedar Fence, 9-16-16.jpg

These guys have been having me deliver their OSB like this for a few years now. Putting new sheeting over existing old/original roof sheeting.

Morrison Roofing, Clinton, 9-16-16.jpg

redneckchevy9

Occupation
This was from earlier this summer, but I shows me pickin' some steel panel at an old farmstead that is getting a complete facelift including all the out buildings & farm house.

Action Const. Colona Spring 2016.jpg