• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TX760

KG-Ranch

Hello again, so after months of looking and researching and taking all your comments on what a good used backhoe value and conditions to buy. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2002 TX760 4x4 extendahoe with 1800 hours and purchased it for $18,500. The rig is extremely clean and the only flaw is a slight crack on the right rear fender. For ranch use I saw the value in the machine and for the price it was comparable to a 6-8k hour JD or cat that to me look like you need a tetanus shot before sitting in the cab.

I was original looking at a few backhoes in the $40-50k range but just couldn't justify the price for the 100 hours a year I'll be putting on the rig around the ranch.

So luckily there is a Terex service center in Fort Worth , just a few hours away if I need major repairs, and I'm pretty familiar with the Perkins engines with my many many years in the marine world.

So I'm hoping someone has some insight on what the buttons in the cab do , after unloading the rig off the trailer last night and going through some of the front bucket features, I think I got it currently stuck in the anti-roll back feature and can't get it to return to dig.

Wish I had a operators manual for it but it seems the internet does not currently sell one, I will have to order from the dealer.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks guys.

KG-Ranch

just-a-mechanic

Hey!

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I purchased a 2002 TX760 4x4 extendahoe with 1500hrs. I paid 16.5K for it, but mine needs some TLC. I have a manual for that machine in pdf format. The terex 760B is very similar to the 760. Have you located a manual yet?

Would you happen to know where to get the extend-a-hoe wear pads for this machine? I have no luck finding one.

just-a-mechanic

Hey mr. bill!

Yeah I have another thread on here finding manufacturers part numbers instead of terex numbers.

Have you found a source somewhere or are you looking like the rest of us?

Mr.Bill

You you want to avoid a lot of misery with that Terex hoe, drive it off in a lake. You will thank me later.
If that works for you good. This has been a very reliable machine and really proved itself after the eye of Hurricane Irma went thru here. With the 4 n 1 bucket and a thumb on the hoe, it was the most versatile machine available.

Mr.Bill

Have you found a source somewhere or are you looking like the rest of us?[/QUOTE]
Hey Mechanic
Where can I find the thread on here finding manufacturers part numbers ?

Vetech63

If that works for you good. This has been a very reliable machine and really proved itself after the eye of Hurricane Irma went thru here. With the 4 n 1 bucket and a thumb on the hoe, it was the most versatile machine available.
That's good then! The experiences here have been less than stellar. Could be a regional thing with the dealers also...…...parts are still very difficult to get and most I know that have had them got rid of them quickly.

Domsue0619

Hello again, so after months of looking and researching and taking all your comments on what a good used backhoe value and conditions to buy. I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2002 TX760 4x4 extendahoe with 1800 hours and purchased it for $18,500. The rig is extremely clean and the only flaw is a slight crack on the right rear fender. For ranch use I saw the value in the machine and for the price it was comparable to a 6-8k hour JD or cat that to me look like you need a tetanus shot before sitting in the cab.

I was original looking at a few backhoes in the $40-50k range but just couldn't justify the price for the 100 hours a year I'll be putting on the rig around the ranch.

So luckily there is a Terex service center in Fort Worth , just a few hours away if I need major repairs, and I'm pretty familiar with the Perkins engines with my many many years in the marine world.

So I'm hoping someone has some insight on what the buttons in the cab do , after unloading the rig off the trailer last night and going through some of the front bucket features, I think I got it currently stuck in the anti-roll back feature and can't get it to return to dig.

Wish I had a operators manual for it but it seems the internet does not currently sell one, I will have to order from the dealer.

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks guys.

KG-Ranch
Hi I’m sorry I can’t help but I also have a terex 760b and am looking for some service help. Would you be able to send me the name of your service center in texas ? I can’t find anyone with terex knowledge. Thank you