• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Temporary Shutdown

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
A brief explanation of our recent shutdown:

I was advised by another vBulletin site operator that his site had been hacked by an organized group who are targeting vBulletin message boards. They took over his board and deleted all posts and membership logs. Fortunately he had backed up his files recently and was able to restore the majority of his site.

At the same time, my computer is out being serviced leaving me no access to my files to make the security updates, nor able to do a current backup of the site. I felt the safest way to protect the site and its members was to shut down until the security updates could be installed.

Our member Stonehenge assisted with this, and has been helping me behind the scenes in learning how to make better use of many of the features of vBulletin, I want to thank him for his help!

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, hopefully we won't have to do this again!

cat320

Charter Member
Hey that is no inconvenience Steve to save alot of problems that those hackers would of done.

leadarrows

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner: Acme Farms LLC
I would say you owe some one a beverage of their choice.:)
Oh and you deserve one too. :drinkup
You did the smart thing I'M sure we all agree on that.