• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Danny0325

Hey everybody,

My father in law has a 2010 (I believe that's the year) takeuchi tw80. It has been acting up a lot. It will throw into reverse all of the sudden while going forward. The only way to get it out of reverse sometimes is to ride it in reverse for a bit then try putting it back in forward. It seems to be getting worse. There are times when it repeatedly throws into reverse and nothing seems to work. We replaced the joystick, and my uncle who is a mechanic is stumped. He took apart the dash has been working on it for a while to no avail.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as this problem is very frustrating.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks very much,
Danny

mikebramel

It has a hydrostatic transmission? Machine is made in Germany? And a coil on each side for forward and reverse? Rexroth A4?

Danny0325

Yes, hydrostatic transmission.
Yes, made in Germany.
Unsure about a coil on each side for forward and reverse - what does this mean?
Pretty sure about Rexroth A4.

Thank you for your reply!

Danny0325

Ok, thank you for taking the time to reply. My uncle actually found out what was wrong. He put a multimeter on the wire leading to the reverse button on the joystick and it was reading 3 volts. He then opened the sheath containing those wires and found two wires semi melted together and making contact causing the issue.

Again thank you for your time!