• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL140 Losing power going downhill

heymccall

Again, that bottom draw adapter has a 90° bend in it (drilled from both side and top to intersect). It has been a major problem here.
Quick and easy test...disconnect inlet from water separator and hold to end to ground. It should run like a tank drain, fast and full stream. If not, that adapter is suspect.

And, yes the symptoms, in the early stages of blockage are that the machine runs good until the tank level drops. Because of the way the adapter is constructed, blowing air back thru the hose (with the filler cap off, of course), doesn't remove the partial blockage.

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
got it. I will get back to it. Thanks again. I have no idea what I would do without you guys. I couldn't do it. No way. What did you make that screen filter with? Was it a brainstorm thing?

heymccall

I cut the stem at the hole.
Bought fuel tank outlet strainer from Deere 544G.
Trimmed and reamed strainer to snuggly fit stem.
Installed Corbin clamp from NAPA assortment.
Broke ears off Corbin clamp so adapter would fit the tank opening.

Delmer

you could check paint sprayer filters too, that filter looks like it's a repurposed paint sprayer filter to me, but Deere would never do something like that? :D Graco sprayer section at Home Depot, or online, whatever mesh size you want,

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
I am running out of time until the after new year to dig into this any more but I moved dirt for 5 hours today. I had to clean the filter once and did your test to see how much flow there was from that line after I blew air though it with the compressor and the answer is... Not enough. Surprisingly bad.

Michael Kast

Occupation
finish carpenter
20210109_163041.jpg alrighty then... This is a John Deere fuel filter. this fitting was not clogged when I removed it, that doesn't mean it isn't the source of the problem though. I also have a new lift pump but I want to see how this helps before I install it. Thanks again guys.

jimpad

That looks like pretty fine mesh. I think i'd rather a very very coarse filter in the tank... just to block leaves etc. and let the smaller stuff through to be filtered out by the other two filters. Yeah, I really hate crawling under that thing and getting diesel down my arm.

hellcat

Do you guys know there is a paper filter in the electric lift pumps ? Yep. I found replacement pumps for under $100. But did some research before I bought and did not need one . Removed outlet line from lift pump. Barely any pressure . Removed pump and removed end cap that holds filter . Yuk . Cleaned it real good and put back in since I did not have new one . Super high flow and pressure now . Runs like a champ now . What I can’t find in service manual is any info on this pump , nor can I find the wire that powers it in wiring diagram ,which sucks cause mine has no power and have a jumper wire on it now to run .

jimpad

Do you have a service manual? There's a picture of the electrical schematic in there and I think the lift pump is called a 'AIR OUT FEED PUMP'... it's on the lower left of the drawing. Those filters available on ebay.

hellcat

Yes I have service manual on cd . Which sucks to navigate . Lol I’ll go look for what you said on it now . Thanks

jimpad

BTW, the power wire comes out of the left side harness down by the bottom of the hydraulic tank. It's grounded to a stud near the pump.

hellcat

Yes I can see where the wire comes out the harness and where ground is grounded . Just no power coming out the power wire . I found it on the wiring diagram now that you told me correct name and location . Lol

jimpad

Yes I can see where the wire comes out the harness and where ground is grounded . Just no power coming out the power wire . I found it on the wiring diagram now that you told me correct name and location . Lol

Keep in mind, I'm not positive about that being the pump... just a guess.

hellcat

Your info was correct about the lift pump . I found the Electical issues today .one of wires was rotted off in fuse block that powered the lift pump .