• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB145

Blstr88

Yes I've looked there, they are nowhere in the battery box. The electrical in this machine has been F'ed with quite a bit so I'm not sure if/where they are.

There's 2 cables coming off the positive terminal of the battery...I assume one heads to the starter and the other will have the fuses, but I haven't found them yet. After they leave the battery they snake underneath and it's hard to follow them from there.

Last edited:

Blstr88

On another note, it appears the switch itself in the armrest is no longer installed...I believe it's missing altogether. I did find 2 wires behind the armrest I assume at least one is from the switch.

I noticed when the key is on one of the wires will spark if I touch it to metal, but when I pulled the armrest safety fuse it no longer sparks...so again I'm guessing that's the wire for the switch.

Will the solenoid get 12v with the key on but the machine not running?

Blstr88

IMG_4286.JPG IMG_4289.JPG IMG_4290.JPG
These are the wires from behind the armrest.

That little black wire that's connected and tied together was back there as well but I don't think the ends were spliced together like that...I did that just doing some trial/error to see if I could get voltage to the solenoid.

heymccall

Big wire goes to starter.
Can you follow the other?

As an aside, there are only two feeds to the fuse panel, B+ & ACC.
Do you have B+?
Do you have ACC?
If both are there, ignore the fusible link search, for now.

Refresh my memory...what serial number do you have?
Or, at least, which range is your machine in?

Blstr88

My serial is 14510745.

Excuse my ignorance...Im not very experienced chasing down electrical issues - but when you ask if I have B+ or ACC, do you mean do I have voltage at those locations?

Where do I measure for those? Is both B+ and ACC on whats labeled "Starter SW" on the schematic? Is that on or near the starter itself? EDIT: nevermind I just realized thats got to be the key, right? Starter Switch would be the key I assume...

Some of my fuses appear to have power and some do not. For instance, the Cigar Lighter/Wiper, Stop Solenoid, High Speed Travel all measure voltage. However when I test the 20A for the "Lever Lock", I get nothing. Same with the 15A for "Solenoid A,B".

Looking at the schematic, it appears the fuse box is broken into 3 sections with each section being fed from a different source...the top section (in schematic) is fed from ACC, bottom from B, and the middle section fed directly from a fusible link.

Blstr88

Ok so another little tid-bit of progress I guess...I used some old connectors and got the wire that feeds the high/slow speed solenoid (which I confirmed is getting voltage) hooked onto the lockout solenoid, and low and behold, it worked! I didn't move the machine around much because I've got tools sitting all over it and theres still a minor leak in one of the pump connections...but the joysticks are NOT locked out.

I guess I kind of already knew no voltage to the lockout solenoid was the issue...but its good to confirm thats definitely my issue.

I'll keep digging and try measuring voltage at the B+ and ACC points as you recommended, if I can find where to measure those...do I need to pull the other armrest with the key assembly apart to measure somewhere underneath the key?

Half of that fuse panel is definitely not getting voltage so those fusible links you mentioned are looking very likely, just a matter of finding them. They must be somewhere in the area thats hard to see between the battery box and where those wires come out under the cab. Part of the issue is that the way I parked the machine has the battery box area directly over a track, so I can't exactly look under there very well. I may just use the voltage from the other solenoid to the lockout solenoid and at least just spin the machine so I can access it better.

Blstr88

So going down the list:

Left Side:
20A Horn - No voltage, however the horn works when the fuse is in and does NOT work when the fuse is pulled...
30A Air Con - Yes
10A High Speed Travel - Yes
10A Monitor Feed Pump - Yes
15A Radio Heater - No
20A Cigar Lighter Wiper - No, however there is a fan in the cab that works when this fuse is in, and instantly shuts off when I pull it

Right Side:
15A Solenoid A,B - No? It measured -0.3...not much but all the other No's were 0
20A Light - No, however same as that fan the light does work when the fuse is in, it shuts off when I pull the fuse
20A Lever Lock - No
15A - Yes, however I noticed the fuse was blown. As soon as I put another 15A in it instantly blows. I even tried turning off key, new fuse in, key on and the fuse instantly pops
30A Stop Solenoid - Yes