• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi Problem, Bent Track Frame

atgreene

The last pic shows the blade upgrade we made to widen the blade to hopefully prevent some of the material from falling down in the track. The idea being if we can keep the track clean when dozing, we may prevent undercarriage problems in the future. That is a hard-ox cutting edge. $$$ expensive but cuts the tops off rocks and stumps like there not even there. The mild steel cutting edge was worn right out anyway.

The track fix came to $310.00 btw.

JBL

I'm no fabrication expert but wouldn't it have been better to gusset the hard bar to the track frame where the bending occurs? Looks to me like it will just try to bend again in front of the new straps, unless your dozer blade modification cures the problem.

atgreene

The only section where it can bend now has those pieces of flat bar to prevent it from bending. In front of the straps there is no strain on the frame. All the force is behind and beside the idler wheel. Sorry for the bad pics, I'll get some good ones today.

Wulf

Excuse the pun but its great to hear that you guys got it 'straightened out':)

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It is amazing, all that for a repair that was less than 400 dollars. The only issue I see now is the resale hit you will take when it comes time to trade in. Nobody likes to see reinforcing or extra welding rod on an excavator uless it is the bucket. I just purchased my second Takeuchi (TB53 and now a TB153). I think they are very powerful machines. I would like to have seen this situation handled better than it was. I have known others that have had to fight with TK over issues. I have not but others here have.

atgreene

When all was said and done, it really boiled down to a lack of communication on the dealerships (salesman/service). All is well since.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
May I throw a theory in here. Could your bent frame have been caused by those possibly troublesome holes in the idler? I see you live in Maine; I'm not sure about your area, but I know a lot of New England has Glacial Till soil, dirt that has lots and lots of small to large rounded stones that glaciers formed as they moved. And they are hard stones, such as quartz. Softer rock was simply chewed up by glaciers, the remaining stones are hard stuff. Is it possible one of these rounded stones got lodged in one of those holes of the idler, then once the idler turned and the stone encountered the track frame, the idler hole would have effectively crammed it through, leaving you with a convenient bent frame on your machine and a fight with Tak? :idea