• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T250 Steering sticks stiff/pushing back

Hello,
I recently had both drive motors rebuilt, replaced the gear pump, and had tandem pump gone through and one rotating group/plate replaced on my T250.
All that along with multiple system flushes, filter changes, valve cleaning, two new tracks, and a new drive sprocket.
It's running pretty good now, but I still get push back when I go uphill, especially under load. This is my first time running a hand/foot machine so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. When I go uphill with a full bucket, the sticks get stiff. I can make it if I go slow and I can stall it if I push forward all the way. Without a load, downhill, the sticks move freely with very little resistance. Basically the more load I give it, the more resistance I get back.

I'm basically wondering if it is normal for the sticks to get stiff when under load or should the sticks feel like normal, until the motor begins to stall. I don't have another machine to reference and with everything I've done to the machine so far, I'm nervous that something is still wrong.

My charge pressure is good. Hovers around 400-420 depending on hydraulic temp at high idle. Fluctuates a lot while moving, but no low pressure error or anything like I was getting before the rebuild. For reference, the slopes I'm talking about are in the 20-30% range, but the stiffness will still happen if I try to do a 360 turn with a load in the bucket. I can push through, but it pushes back almost like the brakes are coming back on. Similar to trying to move the levers before pressing the "Press to Operate" button.

Thanks for any input.