• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

T250- Lift arms slowly drift up when in float mode

Acerage T250

I replaced leaking spools (lift and tilt) on my manual Bobcat T250.

The new seals cured the valve body leaks, but when I kick the pedal into float mode , the detent locks in fine, but I noticed the lift arms slowly drift up a few seconds later.

If I press the pedal slightly more forward and hold it there, I can get normal float mode to work.

Float worked fine before the seal replacement and all 4 detent balls were replaced and stayed in place. I replaced the lift spool small o-ring and plastic plug and installed the bolt with a 0.600" stick out per service manual.

It's almost like the lift spool shrunk a tad and doesn't want to fully reach float mode. Attached photo is the re-assembled spool after detent assembled

I'm not looking forward to removing a hardline and the both hoses from the RHS motor to remove the lift spool again, but if I knew what is causing the issue the sting would be lessened to pull it apart again.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• SnapShot-tilt spool_1.jpg
    SnapShot-tilt spool_1.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8

Acerage T250

I replaced leaking spools (lift and tilt) on my manual Bobcat T250.

The new seals cured the valve body leaks, but when I kick the pedal into float mode , the detent locks in fine, but I noticed the lift arms slowly drift up a few seconds later.

If I press the pedal slightly more forward and hold it there, I can get normal float mode to work.

Float worked fine before the seal replacement and all 4 detent balls were replaced and stayed in place. I replaced the lift spool small o-ring and plastic plug and installed the bolt with a 0.600" stick out per service manual.

It's almost like the lift spool shrunk a tad and doesn't want to fully reach float mode. Attached photo is the re-assembled spool after detent assembled

I'm not looking forward to removing a hardline and the both hoses from the RHS motor to remove the lift spool again, but if I knew what is causing the issue the sting would be lessened to pull it apart again.

Any ideas?
I found and solved the issue after pulling the spool out, yet again.

The detent adapter was not seated completely onto the washer, per attached photo. The washer was centered and I originally torqued the adapter to the 100 in-lbs manual spec but don't recall if I checked if it correctly bottomed and was in contact with the washer.

All works well now, after 6-8 hrs.

Attachments

• IMG_2965.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 2