• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Stuck in mud best ways to get out

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Worst thing I hate, is trying to grade mud!
Rule # 1, don’t work in the mud unless the big money is paying.

skyking1

I've had to make mud look good that was 3/4 track on a 200. You just back out of there and smoochy it around, and hope that the landscapers coming behind you know that they really can't go out there. It really doesn't matter what it looks like now. Come back in 4 months please.

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Looking at your first photos does that area ever get dry?

You can take a 12 k winch, put it on a 3/8s steel plate so it does not twist itself apart, cut some chain holds on the plate, chain it to a tree, and winch your self towards the tree.

When it gets under tensions it all lifts off the ground till the heights on each end are equal.

I have hand carried in winches and batteries to help myself along. My 12k warn is mounted to a hitch on a plate so it can be moved to the rear of my truck if needed. I have several 100 feet of cables and chains and a few tires to run the cables threw to help stop the whip of a snapped line.

If that area stays wet you might as well sell that backhoe and getting you something with some wide tracks. Of course they just help you get stuck deeper.

jimmynoshow

I recently purchased a property. I don’t believe she’s wet all the time was plenty dry in the summertime and our intentions are to put some stone over there . and all over the area so we could place a couple of campers.

T-town

Occupation
retired !
If your property is where I think you are..... thats 'some' snow country for sure.
Might even be a bit more so this year of the 'nino' ?? All lake effect which can get 'crazy'..... but I'll bet I'm not telling you anything new...
...could be your iron is snowed in for a bit?? Maybe a bit more intense 'mud' season in the spring??? when that snowpac leaves..
good luck with it and your 'camp' spot.

jimmynoshow

Yes snow country on salmon river thank you, and it is the snowbelt ,were gonna make an attempt to head up Christmas week , my friend is on vacation, ill take a day off and someone on this forum was generous enough to offer some help, hopefully we can get it out. Just get it moved over. It’s muddy only the spot that it’s in. I parked in the worst possible spot. I didn’t know that at the time. Its dry to the left of machine by driveway.

jimmynoshow

This may be a dumb question but how much trouble would it be to just drag her out with the excavator? Even if in gear? It's stuck, right? The tires should slide until you are on firmer ground, even then I'd think the tires would just rut a bit but still slide until you are on something hard...

Skyking- that story sounds terrifying!
I wasn’t there. I think the excavator they used was probably too small looking with that little plow blade on it. It goes back to if you want something right done right you got to be up there yourself I wasn’t there it’s my fault and she still stuck. I am going up there in about two weeks and hopefully I’ll have her out. The battery came home with me so they brought their own battery which is probably half dead. Who knows I only know what they tell me. Believe me, this lesson is learned.

jimmynoshow

I would like to thank Doghead for helping out with his machine, I am very grateful, he yanked my machine out like a pro , we hung out had some lunch , even got bucket off found leak , swapped tire and starter bolts , made a new friend , super productive day , great forum , great people, it was really bothering me that my machine was stuck up there . Your machine is very nice with all goodies 4wd extendahoe and closed cab . My brother inlaw and my bud Harold helped out too, great day IMG_8515.jpegIMG_8512.jpegIMG_8513.jpegIMG_8514.jpeg