• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Strange Vibrations in Excavator....

samsam

Occupation
Owner Operator Extraordinaire
I got a 1996 PC 200-6. On cold start up there is a heavy vibration that appears to be coming from the pump area, suspecting the dampner case. As engine warms up, the vibration goes away. It started doing this about 2 months ago, it was worse when the weather was colder. We are about to start a large project and would like to have this problem corrected. There are 8000 hours on the machine.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? How do we fix? Anyone have any advice? :confused:

Thanks!

MKTEF

Occupation
Production manager
Is there oil in that dampner case?
Oil level right?
How about pressure and angling of the pump, it may angle to much when cold.
Could also be water/moist trapped somewhere, causing trouble. Espesialy if temps are below zero.
Just my thoughts around your trouble...

samsam

Occupation
Owner Operator Extraordinaire
Thanks for your reply. Oil level is correct. I'm going to change the oil, but it has already been changed approx 200 hours ago.....I guess I'll see if that will help....?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I'm going to ask what sounds like a dumb question but do you know where to check the level? I've had many cases where people have filled the damper case completely full. What type of oil did you put in it?

Also do you have any fault codes on the monitor panel?

nrg

the oil level was filled to the drian plug like bolt opprox 4" from the bottem of the damper case. If remember correctly not ever a liter of 10w oil

nrg

no fault code on screen .Do i need to press any thing to retieve these possible codes?

Monrad

Occupation
Monrad Earthworx
Have a look at the rubber mounts between the pump and the motor, if they are out of kilter that can have a big effect.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums nrg! :drinkup

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
You got the oil level right. Don't worry about any rubber drive pads because these machines don't have any.

The fault codes can accessed by pressing the button in the back of the monitor panel and the left side travel button at the same time until the display goes into the fault code mode. You can then cycle through them by holding the back button and hitting the right machine mode button. The codes will come up each time you press the mode button in the order that they occured.

You can get a list of the codes at the following web site.

http://www.constructioncentric.com/forum/YaBB.pl

Right now it sounds like it might be cold oil. You do mention you put 10 weight in it. We put 30 weight engine oil in the machines in this area. You might look into that.

Good Luck!

Big Iron

Occupation
Project Manager
Thanks for your reply. Oil level is correct. I'm going to change the oil, but it has already been changed approx 200 hours ago.....I guess I'll see if that will help....?

take an oil sample when you change it!