• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

STARTER 1967 INTERNATIONAL REMOVAL

DON AHL

i HAVE A 1967 INTERNATIONAL TRACTOR WITH A LOADER AND BACKHOE. THE STARTER IS DEAD. IT SPINS BUT WILL NOT ENGAGE. I CAN SEE THE BACK OF THE STARTER AND SOLINOID. HOW DO I REMOVE IT? I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO FIX IT. I JUST DON'T SEE HOW TO GET IT OUT.

Delmer

Usually there's three bolts going into the bellhousing. Maybe 9/16"? They're a pain to get at sometimes even when you have access to the starter. At least the one in the back. Lots of wobble extensions is the best way to get a socket in there.

DON AHL

Do I need to take off the angle iron in front of driver compartment? What a pain in the a...

Attachments

• IMG_20170218_121016.jpg
    IMG_20170218_121016.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 15

DON AHL

I can get to two of the bolts. The third I can not see or put a finger on. This machine is 10 years younger than me. I still work, it should too.