• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

Mother Deuce

Go sent to the showers for 2 weeks by my boss. I am in the at risk group and he threw me out of the game for my own safety. He called this morning and explained his position and how concerned he is for our staff. He indicated that he would rather go a little backwards then risk anyone’s health. I was very impressed with his reasoning and touched by his concern. Pretty cool dude I reckon... does not get much better than that.

Mother Deuce

I haven't missed a day yet but Governor Baker just issued a stay at home order to take effect tomorrow. I'll have to see which businesses are exempt...
I just read the list. Forestry is considered essential as is public works. The list complete is on the State Covid19 page.

Blocker in MS

Go sent to the showers for 2 weeks by my boss. I am in the at risk group and he threw me out of the game for my own safety. He called this morning and explained his position and how concerned he is for our staff. He indicated that he would rather go a little backwards then risk anyone’s health. I was very impressed with his reasoning and touched by his concern. Pretty cool dude I reckon... does not get much better than that.

It is good to be ‘portant!

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Came home from Hawaii last week. On 2 week self isolation now. I had at least 2weeks work backed up in shop when I left so for now it’s business as usual with no interruptions. Strange to say but I’m ok with that for now.
I try not to think about where we will be by next month . I hope things are getting better by then.

Tugger2

Interestly my cousin is a rig foreman working on the terminal marine infrastructure for the Trans Mountain line. They are pushing hard on that one. Another business associate has his rig geared up for Kitimat Marine Infrastructure ,just held up now for virus issues in the camp. Be patient we are going to get those lines.
Me , i just built a sandbox for my neighbors sequestered kids . I took them over a bucket of sand with the loader and they were thrilled. Nothin but big jobs for me now!

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Well... without getting political..... normally the best way to stimulate economic growth is through infrastructure spending but there are those that seem to think Canada can survive without the west. I am a firm believer that the mining and oil and gas industry is pretty much all we have left. The fishing and logging industry is pretty much toast in the Atlantic provinces. New Brunswick is pretty much just the province you drive through to get to Nova Scotia or PEI. I'm sure the Irvings would love to have your oil if the other two provinces would get of the high horse and let the pipeline come through.