• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I would lap all of you on here when walking or running, 4 mph running that's a walk to me. Mailbox to check my mail 5 mile round trip, Sperry Glacier in Glacier National Park 20 miles round trip. Fastest 2 mile on my PT test in the service 9 minutes, longest straight run non stop 20 miles. My age I'm 39 now, catch me if you can ;) I'm 6' which attributes a lot to my speed, my wife that's only 5' 2" takes two steps to my one, but she keeps up with a work out.

I could probably give ya a run for your money. I ran a Half-Marathon last fall in 96 minutes. I'm better with distance than I am with sprinting.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
No running for me till I lose some more weight. I do find the early morning walks help clear my head. Good friend of mine has been running for years. It really shows, she has a wicked body. She has been after me to wear compression pants to help with the knees. She and the wife went shopping and got me a pair. I was having trouble getting back into the walking. My knees started to bother me after 2 laps. I gave into the pants. I have to wear a pair of shorts over them, and I won't wear them unless it's a 4am walk, but 4 laps, and no knee pain.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
That compression stuff is that good? I've never tried any of that.

For what its worth, 99% of us out there don't care about what someone is wearing when they're out doing physical activity. Who knows, you may even inspire a few people to get outside and make a healthy lifestyle change.

Running is a very humble sport from what I've seen. I used to trail run with a group and nobody was ever left behind. Faster runners would stop and have a BS session for a few minutes while waiting for everyone to catch up. We'd have everyone from gym rats, ultramarathoners and triathletes to folks in their 60's that are trying to lose a few pounds. We definitely had a lot of fun.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
That compression stuff is that good? I've never tried any of that.

For what its worth, 99% of us out there don't care about what someone is wearing when they're out doing physical activity. Who knows, you may even inspire a few people to get outside and make a healthy lifestyle change.

Running is a very humble sport from what I've seen. I used to trail run with a group and nobody was ever left behind. Faster runners would stop and have a BS session for a few minutes while waiting for everyone to catch up. We'd have everyone from gym rats, ultramarathoners and triathletes to folks in their 60's that are trying to lose a few pounds. We definitely had a lot of fun.
My block is 900 meters. I started with a brisk walk for 800, then ran 100, then walk 800, then run 100, and so on. I tend to walk over on my ankles, so I bought a pair of Asics with the extra support in the arch. After 4 mornings, the lower inside of my knees were killing me. I tried to walk through it a couple mornings but it felt like they were full of marbles. My brother in law lives in Oshawa, and did sports med. Over the phone he figured bursitis. he recommended RICE. and gave me some exercises. After a week I went to the doc, and got the lecture, but he did praise my efforts. I wore a knee brace at work. Hot.Wife said try the pants. Medium? The guy at the store said they had to be tight. Tried them out. No marbles, no pain, and they wick sweat away like crazy. I find them hot under shorts, but at 4 am, I don't bother with the shorts. As to weather compression stuff is good or not. once you get past the fact that they look like the wife's yoga pants with a pouch up front for your junk, they are comfy, moisture wicking, supportive. They claim to reduce lactic acid in your muscles. They are helping my knees, so that's good enough for me.