• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Sooooo... How's everyone's quarantine going?

Honcho

Last night at this hour I woke up to find that I got stuffy nose, n , coarse throaght. I guess I caught it, spent all this day at home, got no high temperature, no cough,no sneese, a little shallow breathing, and heaviness in my chest, no muscle pain. I take antivirus medicine, regulary 6 times, breath a pine oil drops fumes in a boiled water, rinse my throaght. Tomprow I guess I got to report the clinic, and stay out of ppl. But previous week I worked, n contacted to a lot of ppl, visited my mom she is 90. Well I guess enough to today, ll try to keep ya informed. Though every autumn I take anti flu vacination, I guess it will pass easy. But who knows.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Last night at this hour I woke up to find that I got stuffy nose, n , coarse throaght. I guess I caught it, spent all this day at home, got no high temperature, no cough,no sneese, a little shallow breathing, and heaviness in my chest, no muscle pain. I take antivirus medicine, regulary 6 times, breath a pine oil drops fumes in a boiled water, rinse my throaght. Tomprow I guess I got to report the clinic, and stay out of ppl. But previous week I worked, n contacted to a lot of ppl, visited my mom she is 90. Well I guess enough to today, ll try to keep ya informed. Though every autumn I take anti flu vacination, I guess it will pass easy. But who knows.
Doesn't sound like the virus, hopefully just the flu. They are threatening to fine people for group gatherings here. The only people that should be in your home are the ones that live there. First time in my life that I have not gone to my mother's for ham at Easter.

DIYDAVE

Hadda Dr's appointment, on monday. I called up and moved it to mid june, we are at the doubling every week stage in this county. Next county over where the appt was is worse, so I aint goin to a GP till I see the numbers come down some...

suladas

Doesn't sound like the virus, hopefully just the flu. They are threatening to fine people for group gatherings here. The only people that should be in your home are the ones that live there. First time in my life that I have not gone to my mother's for ham at Easter.

That's a slippery slope, I don't know how anyone could support the government trying to walk all over peoples rights trying to fine them in a private residence.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
That's a slippery slope, I don't know how anyone could support the government trying to walk all over peoples rights trying to fine them in a private residence.
Guess it depends on how you look at it. Ontario is projecting 2 deaths every hour if the social distance thing doesn't work, or if people don't stick to it. I guess construction safety NB says you can't have more than one person in a work truck. We are looking into plexiglass dividers, or paying guys to drive their own vehicles to job sites. Guess the city had funds already for a bunch of water and sewer and asphalt resurfacing jobs so we might be busy after all. Just for a chance to get out, I got to go plow snow this morning. First time I had a paper on the window to certify that my machine had been sanitized for my use. It had a cracked head. The engine had 14000 hours on it so they figured they would send it to the dealer and get a new engine installed and be done with it.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Please don't reject the cautions. People are dying. Those who don't die may not suffer greatly, but may carry virus to people who will die. People in their forties are dying, I know a couple who survived with round the clock care in their eighties.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Still honoring Social Distance here, also have down loaded instructions and made my own personal cloth mask to take to stores as they are Requesting that everyone going to shop wear one now. Going to make a fully sewn better one later but for now have a multi layer bandana style, should work for small rocks and flies not much else I can see. NOT doing gloves, just Orange Wipes I had in my shop building for now.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Mrs B climbing the walls, She teaches 1st grade. Every politician, every administrator promises to "hold teachers accountable if students don't keep up."
She is sleeping four hours, worrying 20. Without training, she tries to do a job on line Mary Poppins couldn't do in person. Kids learn best in a controlled environment. Rebellious parents make it near impossible to teach.

She has been perfecting fabric masks. Do you need some?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
...made my own personal cloth mask to take to stores as they are Requesting that everyone going to shop wear one now.

Remember, way back in the good old days, where if you walked into a store wearing a mask they'd have called the cops because they thought you were there to rob the place? That was what, January maybe?

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I have been doing a lot of reading on the Virus and checking the information as many ways as I can. While any deaths are to many the Corona Virus deaths are still way under the per capita percentage flu deaths for any recorded year according to the CDC stats. In the last few weeks however flu deaths are down. There are two reasons I see for this. 1. The rest homes are locked down so infections are down from no visitors. 2. Since the government promised to reimburse hospitals 100% for Corona Virus patients I believe that if a patient has symptom's, that will be listed no matter what underlying symptoms the patient had. With so many older folks cleaned out financially by the time they die its the hospitals only way to get paid.
Percentage wise as of today these are the hard cold fact numbers. We have to realize that the death percentage is higher because we are only testing the worst cases. The rest with symptoms are told to just stay home and isolate.

USA wide. 502,514 tested positive, 18,679 dead, 0.037 or a 3.7% percent death rate.
State of New York. 159,937 tested positive. 7,067 dead, 0.044 or a 4.4 % death rate.
City of New York. 92,384 positive. 5,820 have died. 0.0629 or 6.3% death rate of tested individuals.

We have no clue what percent of these patient deaths would have passed from another cause.

The payment plan from the government is so stupid it is ridicules'. My son in law, a journeyman carpenter is quarantined from his job because my daughter works at the prison with multiple Covid 19 cases among the inmates. He is considered a risk on the hospital construction project he is on. So he is staying home doing the home schooling for their 3 kids and drawing unemployment, plus he will get the extra $600 a week. He ends up with a $280.00 a week raise and no work expense.
Meanwhile my daughter is working 16 hour days, 2 out of every 3 days because they are short handed and they can not leave. Any officer at the prison has the right to quarantine themselves at home if they feel they may have been in contact with a possible case and the state has promised to continue their full pay when their sick leave runs out. Every low life officer they have that calls in sick as soon as they get a day are off on quarantine leave. The ones that play fair and have actually done their job get screwed because of these deadbeats. They announced today the governor may send in National Guard troops to accompany the short staffed officers. They will put a guardsman's with every duty officer to basically double the workforce.
My wife and I both, and I know a bunch of my friends on this forum are in the high risk group, but we simply have to start phasing the workforce back in soon or we are going to totally collapse this countries economy. It is not going to happen overnight. Recreation and other mingling venues may have to wait, and probably restaurants also, if they cant figure out a way to separate folks. Ball parks and stadiums, professional athletes may come to a rude awaking on wages when there are no fans to pay the wages. But manufacturing has to get back at it. As a nonessential example I ordered a grill from GMC six weeks ago and was told again today that they don't have any clue as to when one will be available. They said very few parts are being made. Most parts suppliers are shut down. All them people at home ae being a huge drain on the taxpayer. The Caterpillar Pavers, Rollers, and Compactors, Manufacturing plant in the Twin Cities will shut down next week. They can not get the farmed out components to complete the machines. Another 1,000 plus jobs gone. They predict months to get back going again to fill the supply change.
Enough rambling. I guess I got to much time on my hands. Stay safe friends and maybe we can get through this. I look forward to still seeing you all here.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Don't forget that they are now classifying any death with a positive cov19 test result as CAUSED by cov19 whether it was a contributing factor or not:confused:... so it's no wonder all the other death rates will be dropping and the cov19 rates are climbing.... like you OIH I sure hope they start getting things opened back up again... and soon!!!

suladas

Don't forget that they are now classifying any death with a positive cov19 test result as CAUSED by cov19 whether it was a contributing factor or not:confused:... so it's no wonder all the other death rates will be dropping and the cov19 rates are climbing.... like you OIH I sure hope they start getting things opened back up again... and soon!!!

Yea they are just trying to make it look as bad as possible. I can't imagine how many deaths are being classified as the virus when there is 0% chance they actually are.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Yea they are just trying to make it look as bad as possible. I can't imagine how many deaths are being classified as the virus when there is 0% chance they actually are.
Hard to say... that's above my pay grade ;)

I would like to see some data on Vaping vs. covid19.... remember just a few short months ago when vaping was becoming a national issue with people getting all sort of....respiratory... issues and even death issues....

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
USA wide. 502,514 tested positive, 18,679 dead, 0.037 or a 3.7% percent death rate.
That is if you went off those numbers if you flip them around the picture is more bleak.
See you are comparing those who are confirmed cases it's more of you need to look at if either one recovered or one died from it, not how many still have it.
So at
Deaths:
Recovered:
That equals about 68% chance of death at these current numbers in the US.

suladas

Hard to say... that's above my pay grade ;)

I would like to see some data on Vaping vs. covid19.... remember just a few short months ago when vaping was becoming a national issue with people getting all sort of....respiratory... issues and even death issues....

Oh yea I forgot about vaping, the media has done a good job of making everyone forget. I swear every time i'm in convenience store people are buying that crap or cigarettes. Like let's be terrified of the virus, but still purposely slowly kill ourselves.

seatwarmer

Occupation
Enterprise Engineer