• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

siduramaxde

I might steal your clamp idea...if its alright with you. Mailing the cardboard to steel supplier is a fine idea....I'm guessing they don't mail the steel back to you lol?

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Those clamps are very handy, I remember making those and someone said I was crazy to cut new clamps in half.

curb guy

Tom, how difficult is it to rebuild those hydraulic breakers? I picked one up for almost nothing but it does not work. Don't mind buying the parts, but they want a stupid amount of money to fix it. I'm always up for a challenge and have never worked on one before but, I don't want to waste money, either. Thank you!

dirty4fun

More great ideas from your pictures, liked the clamps. Sure have a nice variety of work and do such a good job, no wonder you are busy. Thanks for sharing once again!

TOM V

Occupation
Tom, how difficult is it to rebuild those hydraulic breakers? I picked one up for almost nothing but it does not work. Don't mind buying the parts, but they want a stupid amount of money to fix it. I'm always up for a challenge and have never worked on one before but, I don't want to waste money, either. Thank you!

Not difficult at all, you must have the service procedures, follow them, and keep clean. The last medium sized hammer
(RAMMER E68) I rebuilt with tie bolts ran about $9200.00 parts and labor. Good luck with it.

curb guy

Not difficult at all, you must have the service procedures, follow them, and keep clean. The last medium sized hammer
(RAMMER E68) I rebuilt with tie bolts ran about $9200.00 parts and labor. Good luck with it.

Thank you! Now, any advice on where to source the parts and service procedures for a RockRam hammer?

TOM V

Occupation
Thank you! Now, any advice on where to source the parts and service procedures for a RockRam hammer?

I always use oem parts, CAT, RAMMER, STANLEY, etc. I never heard of ROCKRAM, but someone should have parts and a service book available. Good Luck with it.

still learn'n

Tom do you know how much your dry ice maker cost? We are going to be using dry ice to freeze brand our cows and was curious how much yours cost also how do they work? Do you inject oxygen in there and then that's what does it or what? I looked on the net and them little things looked expensive! Thanks Jerry

TOM V

Occupation
Jerry, I purchased the dry ice maker back in 1997 for $310. The one I have makes 2 lb bricks with liquid Co2, works well for what I do.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
TOM V, how long have you been in your own business, and how did you start out as a mechanic/welder? I know it's kind of a broad question, but I'm just curious because you show a lot of talent and professionalism in your work.

TOM V

Occupation
TOM V, how long have you been in your own business, and how did you start out as a mechanic/welder? I know it's kind of a broad question, but I'm just curious because you show a lot of talent and professionalism in your work.

I started my business 16 years ago, as to how I started in this type of work I really don't have an answer, I have always pulled wrenches on everything from bicycles to motorcycles, cars, trucks, and equipment. It's all I really know how to do to make a living and I like it so I stuck with it. Hope that answers your question.
Regards TOM V

JDOFMEMI

Nice work on that bucket Tom

Looks like a Cat 330?

I have one just about ready for the same treatment. Too bad you are on the wrong end of the country.

nowing75

Tom is that the way your normally do the bottom by runing the wear bars all the way across the bottom. Looks like a better idea then cat does it. I'm geting ready to do a 336d bucket next week. Is the bottom of the bucket 3/8 like the sides? Thanks for sharing.

Jason