• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

some work pictures

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Tom, I noticed that you were adding the Hensley "top loader" type shanks to that excavator bucket. I have found this type to be a bit problematic. They often break the roll pin and the roll pin can be very difficult to remove (broken or not) when the center gets packed full of dirt. I have one 8" bucket for my TLB and the top loader is the only shank I can use when the (3) shanks are so close together. I have not found a good way to remove them once they are packed w/dirt. Even reverting to the torch is not very effective because the dirt inhibits the process of melting the roll pin. What do you do? I have found a pre-emptive measure that helps the removal of the roll pin. I inject silicone or RTV into the center of the roll pin prior to installation into the tooth and shank. The only real purpose is to keep dirt out and it remains flexible so it does not interfere with the way the roll pin functions. I little anti-seize, on the outside of the roll pin, helps too.

Just replacing 2 shanks, not my 1st choice by any means.

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Some pics from today, a 200 Hitachi needeing to be tightened up.
2012-04-16_07-59-08_627.jpg2012-04-16_10-36-37_769.jpg2012-04-16_10-55-31_586.jpg2012-04-16_11-55-16_326.jpg2012-04-16_11-55-27_927.jpg

okiebindernut

Wow, just looked thru the whole thread. I work out of a service truck on trenchers, backhoes, bucket trucks, and digger derricks for a company here in OKC. The epuipment you work on and the quality of workmanship you put out makes me feel rather inadequate ( hope I spelled that right). Oh, your truck is a thing of beauty.

typ4

Occupation
Equipment mechanic for a small company.
I have good luck with Hercules seals out of florida.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Tom what would the cost be to line bore and rebush a 200 Deere exc. and repair the bucket similar to what you did on the last post. I have one needing about the same job and will have to take it to the Kansas City dealer for repair. Your posts and work are excellent and very informative and very much appreciated by all. Thanks again.

billyboy890

Occupation
driven pre cast piler from the uk currently workin
Loaded this machine on Friday.A little history of this machine,it has been sitting unused for the last 2 and half years and it was time to bring her outta semi retirment she still needs a lot of work doing to her before she can start piling again
loading003.jpg
loading005.jpg
loading004.jpg