• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some random work pictures.

HolmesWood

i saw a skidder in one of those pictures.do you get a lot of forestry equipment in?i would love to see some pictures of a few woods machines.

Lee-online

I finally have some time so maybe i can get active on this site again. There are all kinds of things going on at work and i can take a few pics here and there to show what i am still up to.

I am putting a new cam and lifters into a C9 in a 330c with 8k hours

Attachments

• cam resized.jpg
    cam resized.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,673

inthedirt

I saw a very similar thing happen in a QSC Cummins. The plug with a nub that screwed int
o the block and ran in a slot in the lifter to keep it indexed correctly broke off and let the roller lifter turn sideways with the cam. It seems that cam lobes get unhappy when the lifter wheel runs sideways for a while...

Lee-online

I saw a very similar thing happen in a QSC Cummins. The plug with a nub that screwed int
o the block and ran in a slot in the lifter to keep it indexed correctly broke off and let the roller lifter turn sideways with the cam. It seems that cam lobes get unhappy when the lifter wheel runs sideways for a while...

This is what i assume happened to this.
Monday it will get a new cam, bearings and lifters along with all new gaskets.

Lee-online

Here is this weeks project. A 572G. Does not move when warm.
572 003a.jpg

Boy, are there enough levers? There are enother two to the right on top of the hyd tank.
572 001a.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the oil was like a milkshake. Rain has been leaking into the case. Clutches don't like water and will come apart. A stall test showd the shaft keeps turning so the clutches are shot. I am sure it is the steering clutches but the trans are not far behind them. Time for a rebuild. This is the screen in the torque, small bits of clutch material on it.
572 007a.jpg

I got the trans out today (still in, in this pic), will pull the torque and steering clutches tomorrow.
572 006a.jpg

Lee-online

Here was what was going to be quick job installing product link. Well, I found a coolant leak and after looking into it and pulling out the shroud i found the front cover was leaking. This is a new 6.6 Teir 4i roller.

roller 012a.jpg

roller 013a.jpg

Here is a loader that needs the hitch done.
roller 014a.jpg
roller 015a.jpg

Lee-online

I finished up the roller.

While the cover was off i verified no other leaks on the block by plugging the coolant ports and pressurizing.
it28f 025a.jpg

Cover installed and gears timed.
it28f 026a.jpg

Putting new injectors in a 3116 in a IT28F
it28f 031a.jpg

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
LoL, I never get to work on an engine or machine that is as clean as that roller. :D

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's awesome dude, it's nice to get a chance to work on a clean low hour machine now and then, the one I worked on today was a filthy mess inside an underground mine. :drinkup

Lee-online

I put a set of injectors in the 3116 today. We used to do this almost weekly but don't see them very often anymore.

The cups need cleaned to remove carbon and make a fresh area for the injector to seat into.
it28f 030a.jpg

After cut, there is a nice smooth shiny area. It came out grey in the pic
it28f 029a.jpg

Once installed and seated they are synchronized to injector #1. You need to move the rack to do this so it needs to be unpinned from the governor or, turn the key on and bump it to start and leave it. This will energize the fuel shut off and the rack will now move.
injectors 001a.jpg

Rocker arms installed, valve lash set and injector timing adjusted. Spec was 65.65mm but I advance the timing by 0.5 to 1mm for better power. Set these as 65.0mm.
injectors 002a.jpg

After done, it ran great and i check the fuel with a sight glass, no bubbles so the injectors are seated correct.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That's awesome dude, it's nice to get a chance to work on a clean low hour machine now and then, the one I worked on today was a filthy mess inside an underground mine. :drinkup
That's why I like putting new ones together ....!! We're just finishing up our new fleet of 789D's (1 more left to assemble) and have just started 2 x 854K Wheel Dozers. Next month we have a new D10T arriving and apparently 3 more 789D's in January. That will keep me out of mischief for a while.

One of these days I must update the New Toys thread ........ got some nice pictures that I need to upload.