• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Some random pics

nedly05

Hey CD, been busy as ever. All of my help has left in the last year. All for better jobs with more pay etc. Dad is slowly retiring so I've been doing a lot of it myself. I'd like to get a couple good guys to work with me, but they are hard to find. I have a ton of pics I just need to take the time to post them. Been doings bunch of work with a buddy, working on a small bridge right now. How's things with you CD?

Occupation
Flight Simulator Engineer
Nedly,
Where in NY are you? Ive been thinking about moving back North. Its been awhile since Ive been on some equipment but the last time I got on an excavator the rust shook off pretty quick.

Occupation
Flight Simulator Engineer
Im originally from Ludlow Vt. Economy seems to be coming around down here. Didnt really get hurt too bad in Orlando because the Europeans and the English kept coming here. Havent ever had to search for work, lets put it that way.

dirty4fun

Does North Eastern log homes have a plant in Keene, Nedly? I built four different places with their logs, over the years. Had hoped to ride my motorcycle out and meet you but work has been crazy busy for me.

nedly05

Im originally from Ludlow Vt. Economy seems to be coming around down here. Didnt really get hurt too bad in Orlando because the Europeans and the English kept coming here. Havent ever had to search for work, lets put it that way.

My inlays winter in Daytona, there always seems to be a lot going on down there, seems like a lot of road work going on.

Does North Eastern log homes have a plant in Keene, Nedly? I built four different places with their logs, over the years. Had hoped to ride my motorcycle out and meet you but work has been crazy busy for me.
No, there is a plant about an hour from here, and a mill about 10 minutes from here that does them. I will google it and see where they are. You keeping busy dirty?

Colorado Digger

Nedly, my friend. I hit a major gap in August and sat on my a.. Otherwise I am now super busy. Things should go well for the next few years, finished a few big jobs and started a few more big jobs.

How bout the pictures buddy??

Regards, CD

nedly05

We're pretty busy right now. Working on a box culvert to replace a 4' steel pipe that washed out a couple times. I have tons of pics on our wade Whitney inc. Facebook page. I can upload them there from my phone, can't figure out how to do that here.

nedly05

Its good to see you taking good care of your equipment. Esp that 110!!

Thanks! It has a new U/C, new fuel system, we line bored the boom, stick and bucket. I think it looks like its getting a new bucket soon, and hopefully a coupler!

nedly05

Just a test pic to see if my resized is working. Some stone work we did in the spring.

Attachments

• 9Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    9Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 647

nedly05

More of the stone wall job and one of a barn rehab that we helped out on.

The stone wall was interesting, the road if probably pushing 20% grade, and the bank was loose granular sand so we had to build 10' at a time to keep the whole hill side from sloughing. We stockpiled our stone at the bottom, on the other side of a bridge and carried them up with the loader. I would dig the bank out and load it in to the bucket, once we got our area ready we would carry up wall stones and build that section. We backed the whole thing with cob rock we mined on site. It was a neat job, but I was glad to be done.

Attachments

• 13Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    13Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 641
  • 15Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    15Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 643
  • 16Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    16Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 631

nedly05

Guest house demo we did. Luckily it rained the whole time, the place was super dry and it would have been a dusty mess of blown in insulation etc. The most I could pack into the tandem was 2-3 ton.

Attachments

• 33Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    33Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 633
  • 34Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    34Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 636
  • 35Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    35Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 622

nedly05

The box culvert job we just finished. Removed a 4' galvanized and replaced it with a 4x8x14' box. First one I've ever done, I hope to do more it was a fun job. Had to run 2-2" pumps and an 1.5" pumps 24-7 till we got done.

Attachments

• 238Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    238Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 623
  • 244Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    244Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 635
  • 261Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    261Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 620

nedly05

More of the box culvert job.

Attachments

• 260Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    260Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 637
  • 257Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    257Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 638
  • 263Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    263Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 633
  • 265Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    265Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 650
  • 267Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    267Ned iPhone pics SMALL.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 634

OldandWorn

Glad to see you posting pics again Nedly. You sure do some interesting work. That's quite a hill behind those rocks. :eek:

nedly05

Thanks oldanworn! I have some more to post, maybe tomorrow morning. My little girl is 4 today so not much time to post.

That side hill is that steep from top to bottom, the road is sort of in the middle, I bet it's 50 feet to the top and 50 feet to the bottom. My father built the road 20 years ago with a backhoe! New owners wanted the stonewall so it felt "safer"